Shield question

Hi,

I bought a 24-hour shield in Fatal Attraction yesterday. Went into the game to see how much time I have left, then I found that I had been attacked and lost points. However, on the node page, it shows I still had 42 minutes left on my shield, yet when I look at the points page, it shows I am unshielded.

When I went to "attack" someone, I was given the 'Your shield is up' message.

I have not seen this before, so I assume it is not normal.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those hits happened before your shield was up.  This happens due to lag in servers.  Work around, either check the leaderboard once you put a shield up or restart the game.  This will force an update. 
  • The Rockett: I have previously learnt the hard way to check the leaderboards immediately after getting a shield, yes I did that straight away yesterday and thought after a few minutes, I should be pretty safe.

OJSP: I have been playing DDQ and the Shield Simulator throughout the day. I have taken screen shots of everything (barring the initial fight loss notification) and I now have 2 retaliation nodes. Just went back in and my shield that stated that I had 30 minutes 15 minutes ago, now shows I am unshielded.

Maybe daylight savings had something to do with it.

I only lost about 48 points, I will only put in a ticket if I miss out of the Top 50 for the season by less than that methinks.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    That's happened to me before, I came to the conclusion that my shield had actually lapsed and the game was showing the shield in error.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Rod5 said:
    That's happened to me before, I came to the conclusion that my shield had actually lapsed and the game was showing the shield in error.
    Plus I'd lost like 600+ points already haha