R136 - Puzzle Quest would like to...

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

After updating on Android, I'm informed that "Puzzle Quest would like to:

• Know who you are on Google
  • Manage your game activity for this game"

No thank you, Deny.  Then I get, Choose account for Google Play Games, okay, I'll choose the only one there, which is the one I always use.

Guess what comes up next.  "Puzzle Quest would like to..."

I'm not allowed to get into the game unless I accept some form of tracking and management?  I've already linked my facebook account, now you want my Google details?

@Brigby, any information on this requirement? 

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a secondary MPQ account installed on an Android tablet (just passed 365 days) and now I'm getting these "sign in to Google Play" messages as well. 

What's the deal? I'm looking for the "no thanks, ignore this forerver" button, but can't seem to find one. 
  • Moon Roach
    Options

24 hours and no response, I guess it's completely innocent, nothing to see here, move along.

Luckily I can back out of the Google account selection and get into the game.  Else I would be somewhat irked.

• BAG_OF_MEAT
    BAG_OF_MEAT Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    On a related note, since the update, every time the game boots up, it asks me to log into Google Play.  There is no option to prevent being asked to log into Google Play every time. This does not happen when the game comes back suspension in the background.  

For various reasons, I can't leave the game running in the background and need to frequently shut the game down completely, so I'm confronted with this Google Play log in request multiple times a day.  I assume this is a bug, but if not, please give us the option to not be bothered again after the first request.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi @Moon Roach

MPQ requires those 2 permissions in order to authenticate your Google account. You should be able to cancel and continue into the game though.

Please keep in mind that declining the sign-in/permissions request will prevent the save game data from being associated with your Google Play account, so if you tried to restore it using that account info or onto a new device, it wouldn't be able to. 
  • Moon Roach
    Options

@Brigby,

Interesting.  I thought it used Facebook for my save data.  In fact, I reinstalled on my tablet after the sale bug, and successfully restored my save from Facebook without having to grant permissions to Google Play.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

Brigby,

Interesting.  I thought it used Facebook for my save data.  In fact, I reinstalled on my tablet after the sale bug, and successfully restored my save from Facebook without having to grant permissions to Google Play.

(Disclaimer: I am not a developer, so please consider the following comments as my being a fellow player)

Your Facebook account definitely is the primary method of saving your game data. My guess is that the information Google Play saves is mostly for your Google Play account achievements, like your Google Play rank.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's hysterical considering there are only 5 Google achievements for this game, 4 of which can probably be done w/in the first month of playing.  It would be great if they came up with about 95 other achievements.
  • bryduck
    bryduck Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi all--I hope this gets seen. I have two devices, both Android (phone and tablet). I also have two MPQ accounts. It looks like the phone saves using Google play and the tablet uses FB. Can I use one device to switch back and forth between the two accounts? My tablet is going in for repair, and that is my main MPQ account . . .
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [This is not a thread for general technical questions.  There is no thread for that.   If your post is not the same topic as an existing thread from the past few months, please start a new one specific to your question or problem report.]

[Thread closed.]
This discussion has been closed.