This Google account is connected to the following agent

Options
ckempo
ckempo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
I play on two devices, my phone and my tablet. Tablet is at day 898 with 100 characters rostered, phone at day 634 with 60 characters.

I don't have a Facebook account (nor do I want one) so have never linked these and they've existed independently of each other. I don't want to lose the progress of one if it is overwritten by the other.

Have had the R136 update today. I happened to play on my phone first. Now, logging into my tablet gives me a message that "This Google account is connected to the following agent" and a prompt to play as that ID (my phone). 

Is this going to wipe my tablet account if I continue? I'd be OK with a merge - some form of combo of both accounts is cool - but the last thing I want is to kiss goodbye to one of the accounts completely.

Is this new prompt a way to merge, or an overwrite that I need to avoid?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They don't merge accounts, except for very very very rare cases, and it involves manual shuffling via CS.

It's 110% an overwrite.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi @ckempo. If you'd like to use the account that you currently don't have linked to anything, then simply press Cancel when that prompt appears. You should only need to hit Cancel once for your device to remember your preference.

Hope that helps!
  • ckempo
    ckempo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi @Brigby. Thanks for the response. My tablet asks each and every time I play, and I'm pretty certain that at some point I'll inevitably hit the wrong option, overwriting my main account.

As there now seems to be synchronisation across devices via Google Play Services, is it time for me to look into getting my accounts unified? What happens in that case, who do I contact and what do I need to do on my side (and what happens in the end)?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    ckempo said:
    Hi Brigby. Thanks for the response. My tablet asks each and every time I play, and I'm pretty certain that at some point I'll inevitably hit the wrong option, overwriting my main account.

As there now seems to be synchronisation across devices via Google Play Services, is it time for me to look into getting my accounts unified? What happens in that case, who do I contact and what do I need to do on my side (and what happens in the end)?
    Unfortunately we are not able to provide the merging of separate accounts into one. The reason for this is to prevent players that are malicious from being able to take advantage of rewards from two separate accounts, and then benefiting from them on one account.

TL;DR: Allowing essentially double rewards on one account is not fair to other players.
  • Saphire
    Saphire Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Having Facebook login issues once again. Can I get my account that isn't connected to Facebook merged with the one i have that is connected to Facebook. This way I can play without the cant connect to faceboom login issues.