Big THANK YOU for all of the recent changes!

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards

Months ago I was pretty vocal about how much I hated the direction the game was going. Vaulting, OML nerf (even though that didn't affect me), the A/B testing (and subsequently landing on the worse HfH deal), poor communication and customer service...

It was rough and I was beginning to feel the burnout.  All of a sudden we got a slew of great decisions mostly based on increasing player engagement. CL-based scaling made life easier for 5* players (again, doesn't benefit me), the opening of CL9 made them less likely to drop down for rewards they don't need. We got a cool twist to the HFH store, increases to rewards, awesome character reworks, and last but not least, an end to vaulting while keeping bonus heroes!

(I'm not wild about adding an extra uber-hard node to grind in PVE, but I let that slide due to all the other great decisions).

Perhaps the BEST decision of all is the wins-based PVP progression. One thing that I've always sort of "accepted" about MPQ is that to play optimally it must be on a schedule. And speed is king. Play PVP between shields, play PVE 4 clears and wait 24 hours. It's weird that aside from Sim there's no "hop on and play" mode in a match 3 game. I find myself not playing the game when I have a small pocket of time to and it sucks. The wins-based progression is such a game-changer. 

1. I no longer have to play my fastest team or my two strongest boosted.
  2. Because of 1, I can use strategy and a plethora of fun combos and not worry about regression (over 30 4* champs and I was using Ock and Bullseye again!)
  3. I see a much wider variety of teams likely because of increased player engagement and people like me being creative without fear of regression. 
  4. I truly get to play on my own schedule and can do a match here or there instead of between shields.

I get people who say "same rewards, more work" but that's a trade I'm willing to make for all of the above and to get more players playing. 

TLDR: I was very vocal about all of the negative changes that were implemented in the game so it's only right I give credit where it is due as well. Thank you developers for all of the great changes you've made to this game lately!

PS. I've decided that after over 1100 days, I'm going to break my F2P streak as a way saying thank you further!

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: wins based prog

Same rewards for more work would be one thing.  This change is worse rewards for more work if all you care about is cp (ie if you are a 5* transitioner).

That said, praising good actions and criticizing bad ones is one of the best things we can do to offer constructive feedback to demi.  Sadly, i cant be too positive about about many of the changes.  Not all the ideas are bad, but the implementation has been pretty rough, especially for the 4*-to-5* transitioner vet class that happens to include me.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Agree with Vhailorx, praise is always good, even though i am also not 100% in agreement with OP.  I didn't mind vaulting at all, and actually benefited from it.  

What is different about HfH store?  Mine still only offers a 4* at 3600 hp, and comes with 8 elite tokens, 10k iso and 3cp.  That's how it was from me from day one, and i never noticed it being different.  When it first appeared with a different one each day, i anxiously waited for the blue cover for Kate, who was my only unicorn at the time.  Then, a few days before that would have been the cover, it went to one character every 5 days. Since i have not needed it for anyone else(and got the much needed cover in daily resupply anyways), i never pay any attention to it as i scroll through the different stores.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with Vhailorx, praise is always good, even though i am also not 100% in agreement with OP.  I didn't mind vaulting at all, and actually benefited from it.  

What is different about HfH store?  Mine still only offers a 4* at 3600 hp, and comes with 8 elite tokens, 10k iso and 3cp.  That's how it was from me from day one, and i never noticed it being different.  When it first appeared with a different one each day, i anxiously waited for the blue cover for Kate, who was my only unicorn at the time.  Then, a few days before that would have been the cover, it went to one character every 5 days. Since i have not needed it for anyone else(and got the much needed cover in daily resupply anyways), i never pay any attention to it as i scroll through the different stores.  
    It has been giving some people the option to buy a needed cover for a 0/5/5 build or a cover for when you are at 12 with one dying on the vine.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Well, I wouldn't say that all decisions were great, but I feel that we are going in the right direction. I'm hopeful that the anniversary will bring more good features or wanted heroes, and things would look even better. 

I don't mind the recent 'mistakes' too much, because without mistakes you cannot get better, but what I wish in the future would be some kind of reasons for decisions that could feel detrimental for the player-base (like 'hey guys, we made this change because we feel that it makes a healthier gameplay in the long run, and because we have some feature in the works that may potentially been OP with it'... or I don't know.. anything really, but a sincere & transparent reason given by the devs on the changes). 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I don't really think they're on a great trend, and I didn't think they were on a negative trend before. I do like the CL based scaling and the wins based pvp. System reboot might be the best thing, but it only showed up once for a rework that is largely considered an accidental nerf.  I think H4H store got worse, and the 5 clears and backloading of the progression rewards is bad.

I agree that it is best to be fair, and give credit where its due. Which is why I was kinda hoping that the OP would have said something about how vaulting was actually pretty good.