Where is my ISO????

CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
I want to say CL9 is very good. The 5* essential node is really difficult. The LV 515 Oct sandman venom have wasted my many healthy packs. I have 42 champion 4 star, championed phoenix, LV 435 OML.  The only way that I could play in CL9  is to level up my other 5 stars. But where is my ISO?????. I need 3 million ISO to level up my 5 stars.  The recent PVE and PVP rewards are not enough. I dont want to say that CL9 could be the end point of game, if the MPQ does not make some change (Double ISO, Buff 5 stars).  

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I feel your pain about not having ISO, I have 39 4* champs, and ALL of my 5*s are level 255, and I managed the 5* node with a 1/2/2 Star Lord.

It's definitely more challenging, and I spent my share of health packs as well, but even at SCL9 I don't think leveling up 5*s is necessary to keep playing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's too difficult, play down a level next event. There's no rule you have to play in 9 just because it's available.
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Wait till they open cl 10  >:)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    JHawkInc said:
    While I feel your pain about not having ISO, I have 39 4* champs, and ALL of my 5*s are level 255, and I managed the 5* node with a 1/2/2 Star Lord.

It's definitely more challenging, and I spent my share of health packs as well, but even at SCL9 I don't think leveling up 5*s is necessary to keep playing.
    Are you playing CL9 and clearing that lvl515 node 3 times? If you said you've beaten it once, then you're not playing optimally, because slice 1 is not even ending yet. That is fine, but likely won't get us t10 placement. If you managed to beat it 3 times, then I want to know how you do it.

Sandman has almost 110k health with 20k Sand Blast. Venom has the same health with Symbiotic Fury becoming really cheap because of the protect tiles he keeps making us with every match damage, it deals 26k. Lethal Protector deals up to 28k, if Sandman doesn't make more protect tiles or hit us with Sand Smash that deals 22k damage. Doc Ock has less health, 80k, but his attack tiles when matching our protect tiles add up to the damage. His Manipulation deals 6.8k per special tile destroyed.
    Carol Strange got me through the initial 4 clears.
    They mostly kill themselves on blue matches and give me AP to perma-stun.

Not sure how this will go for end grind, though.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    JHawkInc said:

Are you playing CL9 and clearing that lvl515 node 3 times? If you said you've beaten it once, then you're not playing optimally, because slice 1 is not even ending yet. That is fine, but likely won't get us t10 placement. If you managed to beat it 3 times, then I want to know how you do it.

Sandman has almost 110k health with 20k Sand Blast. Venom has the same health with Symbiotic Fury becoming really cheap because of the protect tiles he keeps making us with every match damage, it deals 26k. Lethal Protector deals up to 28k, if Sandman doesn't make more protect tiles or hit us with Sand Smash that deals 22k damage. Doc Ock has less health, 80k, but his attack tiles when matching our protect tiles add up to the damage. His Manipulation deals 6.8k per special tile destroyed.
    I played with a 255 0-2-0 Star-Lord and I managed to beat the mission 3 times with no problems (Carol and somebody else). But from that on, I cannot beat the mission anymore no matter what I do.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    JHawkInc said:

I managed 6 on each 5* node so far (except the last, not there yet).

And if we want to be picky, t10 placement isn't necessary to keep playing, so my point stands in that regard. Not being able to make t10 doesn't mean SCL9 is so fundamentally broken that they should make it easy to level up 5*s so we can turn SCL9 into easy mode.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    How did you manage the 3rd sub 515's without any champed 5's?  I was able to handle the first 2 goon nodes with Ice/Vulture and IW/Vulture, but the 3rd sub is too much.  I beat the first 3 clears fine, but had to whale the 4th.  Not sure if I'll beat it any more.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    If it's too difficult, play down a level next event. There's no rule you have to play in 9 just because it's available.
    I play on 7 because I find it more fun.
    I'm starting to get the idea that just because I have champed 4*s doesn't mean I'm ready for CL8 yet. Maybe when they all are into the level 300s I'll be there. But there's such a minimal amount of reward for the extra time and effort required to do well I'd rather not.

I figured I'm ready for a CL when the boosted AoE can down them all pretty much at once. I got disillusioned when I had to do Red Hulk's fully powered green *twice* to finish a node. Stepping down has lost me very little and gained me an extra 30-60 minutes of my day.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I can complete both two side boss. I can finish boss rush run. But I really can't grind 6 th time in 5 SLnode in day 3. I really felt upset. Even my alliance member with champion 5 starlord, he still felt this node is difficult. I won't ask MPQ to lower enemy level. I just don't want to see CL9 is only for whale or panthose players. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CCW1208 said:
    I can complete both two side boss. I can finish boss rush run. But I really can't grind 6 th time in 5 SLnode in day 3. I really felt upset. Even my alliance member with champion 5 starlord, he still felt this node is difficult. I won't ask MPQ to lower enemy level. I just don't want to see CL9 is only for whale or panthose players. 
    You can't brute force that node.
    Smart play AND high level characters are needed.
    Panthos isn't going to help you against 515s.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I play on 7 because I find it more fun.
    I'm starting to get the idea that just because I have champed 4*s doesn't mean I'm ready for CL8 yet. Maybe when they all are into the level 300s I'll be there. But there's such a minimal amount of reward for the extra time and effort required to do well I'd rather not.

I figured I'm ready for a CL when the boosted AoE can down them all pretty much at once. I got disillusioned when I had to do Red Hulk's fully powered green *twice* to finish a node. Stepping down has lost me very little and gained me an extra 30-60 minutes of my day.
    Wow. A reasonable person on the internet. Where did you come from?