5 event seasons should be the new norm.

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
I've really enjoyed the flow of the infinity season into the short season into anniversary season.  I think its a great flow of season and simulator rewards that roughly reflects that most people only need a week to score 2k in sim.

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    An alliance mate of mine finished the current sim in 41 minutes. I usually float in a normal sim between 1000-1250 and then the last weekend go to 2k and shield. Definitely don't need 24 days to get to 2k
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed it quite a bit too - I haven't hit 2k in the sim in months, simply because I burned out around 1600 and kept getting knocked back whenever I tried to climb above that. I was able to climb straight to 800 in just a couple of hours with this style of event, and only got knocked back to about 650 or so from retaliations. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    An alliance mate of mine finished the current sim in 41 minutes. I usually float in a normal sim between 1000-1250 and then the last weekend go to 2k and shield. Definitely don't need 24 days to get to 2k
    An alliance member said the same. I usually don't bother with sim until it's halfway over but I looked at the top scores and most were already easily hitting 1500+. I've been sitting on 15 health packs and like to conserve them for pve mainly so I figured that I'd fight until one of my guys died or was kinda low on health. I did a handful of fights, took a break, did more fights, took a little break to heal Riri up a bit, before I knew it I had gotten Lockjaw at 800. I think I got hit maybe once the entire time.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect that the ease of Sim ques is because they neglected to reset the K factor for the Sim MMR formula.  Its still based on a 2000 pt progression.

That aside,  sim was a fun relaxed experience and I don't mind farming sim for points.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said this last year, too. The quick pace feels more enjoyable somehow.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    While I love the shorter seasons, I can't expect the devs to make them the norm. But what I suggested last year was that each normal season should have 2 of these shorter simulators. 24 days for 2k just leads to me ignoring it for most of the time. There's normally 2 4*s a season most of the time anyway.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    With all of the updates to events, SCL scaling, adjusting progression to 5x clears, tweaking 7-day events to give out rewards closer to that of a pair of 3/4 day events, etc, it's becoming more obvious that Shield Sim and Season rewards are a little outdated. Now, we don't have direct comparisons to show that they're bad (like how 7-days were changed because a 3-day and a 4-day used to give more rewards than a 7-day, despite requiring the same amount of playtime), but they could use some tiny buffs solely to make them "fresh" again.

I like the idea of running Shield Sim twice. Hell, do Shield Sim for half the season, then run "Danger Room", with an identical reward progression, same structure, but some different art. Maybe Shield Sim gives a 4* of a new character, and Danger Room could give a classic character (maybe start at the first 4* and slowly rotate through the Vintage 4*s, and once you get to the latest 12 you start over).

Season could use some buffs too. Hitting 4k for a Heroic 10-pack and then 10k for some CP, picking up one HP prize and one ISO prize along the way is kinda dull. I'd like to see rewards every 500 points, even if most of them are ISO/HP of small amounts, but a smaller CP reward at 5k or 6k and another 10-pack at 8k would be cool, and would give people more milestones to show personal progress/growth. Most people talk about that first time they earn a 10-pack at 4k, and then nobody talks about Season rewards until they break 10k, which gives you six thousand points of boring, you know?

I like short seasons from time to time, but I don't see them as inherently superior to the standard seasons. If anything, I like having long-term goals for the season, and knowing I can take an individual event easy and make it up in later events. Shorter seasons deny you that flexibility in terms of season-related rewards.