Pulling victory from the jaws of defeat

Tseb
Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
Feel like regaling us with a tale of how you won a match despite your less than stellar ideas that should have led to a loss?  Then step right up... but only after I start off with a couple of examples of my... um, someone I know.  Bonus points for adding a moral to the story.

#1: Just had a Rag's Infinity Season match where I thought, hey, I could use KK's Inhuman Stretchiness to power 3*DP's Whales and then I'll have TWO characters with massive AOE with one of them buffed.
MORAL: Don't confuse KK with SW/ remember which AP acts as a battery and which AP is produced.

#2: Facing a C4rol/Daken/Loki, the board set up with a juicy match 5 laid out waiting for me.  So I figured, first move, what are the chances that Daken can get any ST out before Loki's Mischief can resolve?  Actually fairly high since the cascade produced a green match 4.  Luckily, I was able to match two of the CDs, which kept the damage per ST to "only" ~2k apiece when the other four resolved.  I was able to match one away my next move, and Falcon's Redwing (IIRC) took care of the other a couple of turns later.
Moral: Sometimes the odds are worse than you think they are.