Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Topic.  Seems lower today.

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    Topic.  Seems lower today.
    Can you explain ? He is buffed curently, and my lvl 250 Iceman (343 boosted I think) seemed to deal the exact same damage as before. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Something is going on, unless the information on the character details page is wrong. Currently, it shows:
      Punch: Deals 7964 damage (level 270, 5 covers in blue)
    My Iceman is level 271, with 5 covers in blue, and it shows 6510 damage for the punch in my roster screen.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Something is going on, unless the information on the character details page is wrong. Currently, it shows:
      Punch: Deals 7964 damage (level 270, 5 covers in blue)
    My Iceman is level 271, with 5 covers in blue, and it shows 6510 damage for the punch in my roster screen.
    Just checked my Iceman and I also see lower value. I have to check if green got changed too, or only the blue.

I assume it is a bug ? (Since R136 didn't hit yet, and there was nothing announced)

Edit: green seems to be the same. 

Edit*2: If I remember right Human Torch had a similar bug when boosted... am I wrong ? Hopefully It could just be a bug because of him being boosted this week. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    my boosted iceman usually does around 12k aoe to the enemy team but it's seems off today also. It seems to be hitting around 9-10k damage instead. 
  • Vhailorx
    Looks like a ~25% drop.  

Bug?  Stealth nerf?  If the latter, what the ****?!  Why nerf an older character that not too many players have champed and that has already been outclassed by power creep?
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Something has definetly change.my 340 iceman blue used to do around 24k damage when boosted if memory serves correctly.he's hitting for around 21k now.i can't see it being a bug as he was fine the last time he was boosted but hopefully I'm wrong.i'd hate it to be a permanent nerf.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    *Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues

Hi Everyone. I'll pass this inquiry along to the developers to see if they know what's with this observed discrepancy.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Nothing yet?

This is a bit disappointing though. This is the first time I have a champed Iceman to play with.

Stealth Nerf or a bug?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been the weekend, developers probably won't have had a chance to look at it until today at the earliest.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    The damage has definitely changed; even the scaling has changed (difference in damage from cover to cover)

Covers 1-4 are higher (decreasingly so) and at 5 covers it's about 23% lower.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, green looks about right (compared to stats for lvl 270), blue does significantly less.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The damage has definitely changed; even the scaling has changed (difference in damage from cover to cover)

Covers 1-4 are higher (decreasingly so) and at 5 covers it's about 23% lower.
    Can confirm this.
    My 333 Creep did 27K on blue yesterday before the update, now it's 22K.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    I think it's a display bug. If we use the punch in a match it deals more damage than what it says on the description.
    Ah, I think you're right. The in-battle text for Punch a Snowman also seems correct. So I guess just the roster description is incorrect. Phew.

(Or, they're going to nerf him soon and 'forgot' to revert this screen back)
  • madoctor
    OJSP said:
    I think it's a display bug. If we use the punch in a match it deals more damage than what it says on the description.
    Players found more details about the bug than devs did (Or at least more details than they "communicated")...

Could we get a confirmation that it's only a display bug and not hinting at a possible future nerf? Pretty please!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. It looks like the developers were already aware of this issue, and yes, it seems to only be a display bug. This will be fixed in the next daily patch.
  • madoctor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. It looks like the developers were already aware of this issue, and yes, it seems to only be a display bug. This will be fixed in the next daily patch.
    You were waiting for me Pretty please, weren't you!

Good to know it's only a display bug, thanks B
  • Vhailorx
    Thanks brigby.  This is a relief for everyone who relies on iceman!