Improving 5* without starting the transition

Options
DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
So I have a few 5* in mid-to-high coverage (6 to 12 covers). I kinda want to up their game a bit so they can help out in pve but I don't want to go so far that pvp gets nasty.

I've heard 315, 330, 360; any advice on what would be appropriate? My roster is in my sig. It's not totally up to date, but close enough for this question, I think.

Thanks!

Comments

• DFiPL
    Options
    Well, I thought it was in my sig. Is mobile just dumb? DFiPL at gamependium. 
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's there I'd assume, mobile just doesn't show signatures. 
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We seem to have very similar rosters in terms of 4* champs, although your 5* game tops mine.

If you don't care about shield sim, then you should be able to go up to 360 or so, which is under the level of boosted 4* champs. If you do care about shield sim, then I don't know, 310 should be OK, but higher than that seems iffy. 

I put ISO into 5SL this week (first time I've ever put ISO into a 5*), but since he's 1/1/1 I can only get him to 300, which is the same level as my highest 4*. As expected, I've seen no impact.

Hope that helps!
  • DFiPL
    Options
    We seem to have very similar rosters in terms of 4* champs, althbyough your 5* game tops mine.

If you don't care about shield sim, then you should be able to go up to 360 or so, which is under the level of boosted 4* champs. If you do care about shield sim, then I don't know, 310 should be OK, but higher than that seems iffy. 

I put ISO into 5SL this week (first time I've ever put ISO into a 5*), but since he's 1/1/1 I can only get him to 300, which is the same level as my highest 4*. As expected, I've seen no impact.

Hope that helps!
    It does. Thanks! I'm mainly concerned about 575 in events and, yeah, 2k in sim. I don't want to break my ability to hit those targets but I'd like to take my 6+ cover cats past 255 so they can start being useful. 5trange for example I don't use much because Strang3 outclasses him in passive damage even at the moment. Thano5 at an impending 5/2/5 has some potential and Black Panther and 5pidey I'd just like to boost up.

But I don't wanna break pvp for what I currently use it for.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL said:
    We seem to have very similar rosters in terms of 4* champs, althbyough your 5* game tops mine.

Hope that helps!
    It does. Thanks! I'm mainly concerned about 575 in events and, yeah, 2k in sim. I don't want to break my ability to hit those targets but I'd like to take my 6+ cover cats past 255 so they can start being useful. 5trange for example I don't use much because Strang3 outclasses him in passive damage even at the moment. Thano5 at an impending 5/2/5 has some potential and Black Panther and 5pidey I'd just like to boost up.

3* Strange will outclass 5* Strange on yellow for a long, long time.
    476 Strange does 6.600 yellow passive, while 3* unboosted at 266 does 2.114, boosted that's, I dunno, 5K?

5* Strange needs a ridiculous amount of levels to improve on his 3* version.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DFiPL said:

Hope that helps!

3* Strange will outclass 5* Strange on yellow for a long, long time.
    476 Strange does 6.600 yellow passive, while 3* unboosted at 266 does 2.114, boosted that's, I dunno, 5K?

5* Strange needs a ridiculous amount of levels to improve on his 3* version.

I'd expect 3* Strange to top out at around 4k damage (It might go up to 5k if he's "special" boosted in PVP)

A 3* with a regular boost up to lvl 364 does slightly less than twice the damage of a lvl 266.