Who to champ, Mr. Fantastic or Kingpin?

They are two of my older 4*s that have been hanging around lvl 170-190 and only used for essentials or Crash. Asking for reasons to champ one or the other or neither. Thanks. 

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic and it's not even close. Put him with Medusa and Carnage and you have one of the best teams in the 4-star tier.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantastic.  I really don't care for the Kingpin "buff nerf" that they recently put on him.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. F, no contest. He's a great support character and the change to Kingpin suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Sadly, I vote to evict Kingpin.  I mean, champ Mr. F.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm one of the people who was always a big fan of KP, and I still am. He's underrated in my opinion.

That said, it's gotta be Mr. F. His synergy with special tile producers is just too good. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I strongly believe Kingpin is going to get a buff a la Carnage.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Mr. F has healing, stun, and an easily-renewable timer that does damage. Before I had the covers to champ Medusa, I used him as a substitute and did alright. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    What a long, strange trip it's been when Mr F is considered to be a better character than Kingpin...  And yet, it's true right now.  Kingpin still has his place, but as Dormammu pointed out, match Mr F with Medusa and Carnage, and it's a killer team.  Just remember that you need a LOT of patience for the Mirror Match.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Kingpin was my second 4* champion and he helped me through some tough matches before changes were made. Mr. F was one of those characters who was generally disliked, but with few 4*s with a decent amount of covers, he was useful in his utility in his and became around my dozenth 4* champion before changes were made.

Mr F is a pure support character like Coulson, they both operate in entirely different ways and their damage output is low but generates damage effectively. They're both characters who do what they do and will benefit mainly from who you pair them with and do it well. Kingpin is another subject matter entirely, all he really suffered from before was a power creep. His changes have pretty much demolished his utility.

You will have far better use and functionality with Mr. F over Kingpin. Kingpin was eventually reduced to be mainly a CD fuel for my Star-Lord's red power and that isn't likely to change even with his latest update. The latest update has pretty much-ensured Kingpin's CD tile creation are worth keeping over destroying them.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Thanks everyone for the input.  I champed Mr. Fantastic and Kingpin is still relegated to the corner of my roster. On to Lockjaw and Mockingbird.