What's the largest level differential one could go against and reasonably expect to win?

Tseb
Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
Currently needing 11 wins to get to 40 in BFF and at 821 points, in first place.  Unfortunately, my best team is 277 C4rol/229 Medusa while my lowest level opponents are 282/373.  How much level differential could a player expect to overcome?

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring someone who can perma-stun and use AP boosts. Then pray you don't get a crummy board.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    How much have you skipped?  You could win that, but I'd suggest more skips, or wait a while and then try skipping again.
  • Tseb
    Pants1000 said:
    How much have you skipped?  You could win that, but I'd suggest more skips, or wait a while and then try skipping again.
    I've skipped about 30 times in the past 3 hours by opening and closing MPQ to reset the skip button.  Finally got and defeated a ~280/270 team, but now the level differential is even worse.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep skipping or let people take you down in points and maybe that will open up the field a bit so you can get better matches. Outside of that you could always do some whale teamups if you have the Deadpool points.
  • Tseb
    That's more or less what I've been doing.
    However, there's a question whether my DP would survive long enough to whale.
    Looks like I'll end up in first, but with only 31 wins.  For that, I just wish I got something better than Rags as a prize.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm playing SCL9 in the latest PvE and brought IM40 and C3p into the 5*req node. C3p is boosted, but I still won a really long match where I was way out-levelled by just stunning the beasties with Cap's blue over and over. By the end, I was running out of places to put them.

Anyway, it's not a perfect strategy by any means, but if you just need that one or two wins and are outclassed, that's how I would do it.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosts and get good team-ups from your alliance mates. If they have developed rosters, a champed boosted 4* character team-up is powered to 479. For BFF C4ge is great, it hits really hard. Spiderwoman hits hard, and I'd imagine Gwenpool (but I'm not sure on her, I am on the first 2).
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    You need luck, but you can do it.

It's less about winning than not being attacked because you're underleveled/can't scare people off.

There have been many instances where I wasn't underleveled, but around 900 is when things are fast and furious and people cannot keep from getting attacked.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Doing SCL8 which I feel is the appropriate scaling for my roster (in general) and the 5* node was difficult, but doable.  I did all 6 clears, probably ate about 5-6 health packs between the clears doing it.  My StarLord was only 3 covered 255 and was a major liability.  When Thanos is the required it won't be nearly so hard (mine is currently 5/4/3 L319).  With most of my 5*s 6 covered or less this is gonna be a slog most of the time.

I'm probably gonna drop down to SCL7 for most events again.  I'll only jump up and SCL8 when I either don't have the 5* required (so next event since I don't have 5pidey) or when it's Thanos or Panther that's required.

My short term plan is to level up both Thanos and Panther to L360, but I keep having vine covers to save that are slowing that plan down (I have 3 right now).  Once they are at 360 I might go up to 8 for all events.  Not even gonna try 9 until I have some 5* champs (hopefully in late Novemeber / early December).