Infinity Season MMR

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
In PvP events I typically see opponents with boosted 4-star champs and under-covered 5-stars (anywhere between 300-350 level), with only a few over-achieving 3-star teams sprinkled in. This is to be expected as I am a player with 20 or so 4-star champs. But in this 'off'-season test of the new PvP progression system I am seeing waaay more 3-star teams, boosted as well as unboosted. I also queued far fewer seed teams than usual (I jumped in at the very beginning of my slice in both events).

Just curious if anyone else sensed a 'relaxed' MMR, if there was some other explanation, or if I've entered an alternate reality.

Comments

• Yeaheah
    Yeaheah Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I never play PvP because I lose too many points before getting to the good rewards. With this new system I do play PvP (and enjoy it). Maybe this goes for more people with a mediocre roster and causes a more diverse playing field.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope.
    Same dual champed 5s, triple champed 5s in Nefarious.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yes in Nefarious Foes
    No in Best Friends

Take the 'Yes' with a grain of salt, it could be altered perception as rather than skipping low point targets without looking at the character levels this time I was skipping high leveled characters without looking for the point value.  Kinda flipped entire play on it's head.  I suspect nothing was changed to MMR and it's a perception thing.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    In PvP events I typically see opponents with boosted 4-star champs and under-covered 5-stars (anywhere between 300-350 level), with only a few over-achieving 3-star teams sprinkled in. This is to be expected as I am a player with 20 or so 4-star champs. But in this 'off'-season test of the new PvP progression system I am seeing waaay more 3-star teams, boosted as well as unboosted. I also queued far fewer seed teams than usual (I jumped in at the very beginning of my slice in both events).

Just curious if anyone else sensed a 'relaxed' MMR, if there was some other explanation, or if I've entered an alternate reality.
    In Nefarious Foes, all I saw after the seed teams were teams with either boosted 4* teams or occasional boosted/280+ teams of the usual 4* suspects. I read what someone else said about trying lower teams after the seed teams and working their way up with retals. I forgot to do this in BFF but I caught a couple of 3* pairs, checked their roster, and saw they were legit 3* players. I hit them with dual 3* instead of boosted 4*. I can't remember if any retaliated or not, but in BFF I have for sure saw more 3* players than I have since I started regularly playing PVP to 575+. I always hit them with dual 3*s, so they could retaliate and get wins, and I might be able to do so as well. 

Still not sure about if any retaled or not, but I've had the widest variety of teams that I've ever gotten to play against in an event. Dual boosted 4*, Boosted/non boosted 4*, dual non boosted 4*, boosted 4*/boosted 3*, 4*/boosted 3*, dual boosted 3*, dual 3*'s...its been a lot of fun!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    both of these events have odd mmr scaling thats very different than regular season.

Nefarious foes allows 3 5*, which is way different the the normal 3* featured format.

BFF is a dual team event, which also has weird effects on mmr.

Do read too much into how offseason events play.  The rule sets are so different that comparisions aren't really apples to apples
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nefarious Foes was an absolutely horrible parade of Red Hulk, Thano5, Black Bolt, Panther, Vulture, Mordo, Carnage, etc...

BFF is slightly better, but only because it's 2 characters teams. A 74K C4ge is a hell of an enemy to have to down.... and the protect tiles he puts out when you fire a power.... tinykitty that tinykitty......
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enough people definitely do approach these test events differently to mix things up a bit. I suspect that Phumade's comments about the way the different team construction rules skew things has more to do with it, tho.
  • tchipley
    tchipley Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I never saw a low points matchup (below 41pts.) during either event in new PVP.

It seems the opposite of the regular PVP. where I had to skip 7-10 times to even find a 40+ point match.

Also my opponents were orders of magnitude ahead of me in power levels.

I didn't win as much this time around as I did with the first test of NEW PVP. I didn't even come close to the 4* cover.

What I'm really looking for in PVP is a fair matchup based on the team I choose.