Known Issue: Facebook Login Error *Updated (10/16/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Update 3: Hi Everyone. The developers have implemented a fix for this issue. If you could please try logging into the game again, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
=====
Update 2: 
The development team is aware of this issue re-surfacing, and will be actively investigating. In the meantime, please submit a support ticket, and provide as much details as you can. (When you first encountered it, have you reinstalled the app before, do you have the Facebook App installed, etc)

Thank you!
=====
Update
: The development team has identified the issue, and have already begun fixing players' accounts. If you were affected by this issue, please allow some time for this fix to propagate. If you find you are still encountering login errors, then please submit a support ticket, or resume the conversation of the one you've already submitted. Thank you!
=====
Hi Everyone,

We've recently begun seeing some instances where players are encountering a Facebook Login Error upon attempting to enter into the game. This is the error players are seeing:

So far this appears to be an Android-only incident, however if you are experiencing this issue on an iOS device, then please provide us your device details (iOS version, device model, etc) by sending in a support ticket. You can submit a ticket by going to our D3 Go! Support page.

The team is currently investigating this issue, and we will be sure to update everyone once we receive more information from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    PM with iOS numbers coming

• Captsquee
    Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It seems to be getting worse most of my group including me are getting the message
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My app hits “Logging In” and crashes to the “Error: something went wrong”. This has been happening since yesterday afternoon. I can only assume that somebody did/changed/broke something. On a Friday? Did you really need to push an update on a Friday?
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The development team has been investigating this issue ever since players started reporting it yesterday. They have determined that the majority of reports are from Android users, however we have been seeing a smaller number of iOS users reporting this as well.

If you are experiencing this issue, particularly if you are on iOS, we recommend you please submit a support ticket. Thank you.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not just Facebook @Brigby. We've got players locked out... again (still?) and they've already submitted tickets with UIDs and device/os info. We're just waiting. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This seems to be a weekly occurrence now. Is there anything that the devs can actually tell us about the issue, like  where they suspect the problem is or how long they think it will last? Or even if this is multiple problems coming together, any information would be welcomed I think. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The developers just implemented a fix for this issue. If you could please try logging into the game again, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The developers just implemented a fix for this issue. If you could please try logging into the game again, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Thank you to release a fix in weekend. Two of my coalition members have just joined after the fix.

Nice news from new developers work.
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm still experiencing this problem as of today. Not only does it not recognize my Facebook but even my Google play games doesn't work. I have 2 separate ways to log in and neither one works. Support ticket submitted.

Edit: problem solved. That was an odd little hiccup which seems to be resolved now. Clearing cache and data did not work. I then tried simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app and that worked. It now recognizes my Facebook account and I'm good to go again. 
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby sorry to disturb you here but this error has just resurfaced. I'm on iOS and attempted to login via Facebook on iPad and iPhone. Both failed, ticket raised. Please propose a fix, hopefully a permanent one, thanks!
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Brigby i have a similar issue as sjechua, trying to login to my mtgpq account via facebook results in authentication failure. ticket has been cut.

if i login to my facebook account on its own, i have no issues. 

UPDATE: i resolved my login issue by resintalling the mtgpq app. 
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Update, issue seems to be fixed now, able to login via Facebook thanks
  • Lossibob
    Lossibob Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Having this issue again today.  Have uninstalled the app and reinstalled, still no luck. Frustrating as hell, hope someone has some useful advice 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] 1. The game outage for many players today was due to an international outage of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. It was not due to an issue with MtGPQ. 2. Please post bugs and technical issues in the correct forum. 3. Please do not necro posts. This is against forum rules and I try not to give out warnings these days. Thank you [BK]
This discussion has been closed.