What are your feelings on the Level 125 cap?

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Here's a few options to find where everyone (hopefully) fits in this scenario.

What are your feelings on the Level 125 cap? 84 votes

I want the cap raised and am ok if there are no more ISO bonuses per level.
0%
I want the cap raised and expect to continue to receive ISO bonuses per level.
78%
ThanosDragon_NexussinnerjflContinuedClockkillercoolthedarkphoenixxKOBALTxBryan LambertTaganovEbolamonkey84GritsNGravyGrimSkaldDartmaster01abmorazmoss04d1amonddawgGrizz875ShanePHallamferaldayorjcarrey4 66 votes
I want the cap raised because it shows everyone how much time I've devoted to the game. It doesn't matter if there is an ISO bonus or not.
2%
StevO-JBeer40 2 votes
I don't want the cap raised.
0%
I don't care if the cap is raised.
11%
KolenceColognoisseurfirethorneHendrossBishopSlothkinsMirrorKnightLord_MephistozakuRayElwood 10 votes
Other.
7%
acescrackedQubortdudethtsawesomebrollWumpushunterKahmon 6 votes

Comments

• Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I don't care if the cap is raised.
    Don't care at this point, because by the time I get there I'd expect that they'll have raised it already or the game won't exist or some other thing will have happened. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other.
    Other: been a couple of other threads that have discussed this issue. Also, any answer other than raise the cap & get iso bonuses is kinda silly.
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    They either have to lift it or let us prestige or something. The leveling system just ads another layer of fun to the game.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I'm nearing the 125 level. So yeah, in my own self-interests I want it raised and continue receiving the iso bonus. It's a nice gesture for people that work hard and play the game. Really there should be no cap on the level. Having one really doesn't make any sense.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    This is not a good poll. The only people that care are those near or at the 125 threshold, which is probably 1% of the entire player base.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I think it would be fun to have a SCL equivalent of champing. Maybe players who have progressed to or past the cap of 125 could have some visual indication of this on their names and/or rosters along with receiving different types of rewards for each additional progression mark after 125.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Other.
    Capping long time players (in level and slow 5 star play) they have allowed the newer  players to close the gap with the 1000 day players. A game with massive disparity between players creates a have have not situation.  I feel they will raise it eventually.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Other.
    If there's no good reason to have anything above the cap (AKA the levels mean nothing, nothing else unlocks etc) then it seems silly to me.  However, I wish they would allow people at the cap to continue to get the level completion ISO boosts.  Here's how I'd do it if I were designing it.

Leave everything as it is now including the 100K boost for hitting the cap.
    After hitting the cap you still gain XP and it still shows graphically.
    Once you hit the same XP value that crosses you from 124 to 125, you get a level boost reward (whatever the 124 reward was) but don't go up a level.
    Repeat that until the game ends or there's a compelling reason to raise the cap.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    I want the cap raised because it shows everyone how much time I've devoted to the game. It doesn't matter if there is an ISO bonus or not.
    Obviously an Iso bonus each level would be preferable, but I don't really care either way. It's just that having a statistic that is limited in its current form doesn't make much sense. It took a almost year for CL9 to come out, and CL8 realease was at the same time as raising the limit from 100 to 125, come on devs, time to raise it again, please!  :)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should raise the level cap and continue to give iso bonuses for levelling up, but they shouldn't keep pushing back the larger bonus, simply add another one of those at whatever the new cap becomes.

The amount of iso we get from shield levels is not gamebreaking nor enough that anyone who was daft enough to buy iso would be put off from spending, so all it actually would be is a nice little bonus for people continuing to play this game.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The max shield Level should be ∞

It's not like shield level is any indicator of roster strength, so why not make it a trophy stat? They can keep limiting SCL to a certain shield level on the lower end, but the upper end is not benefited by a cap.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I selected the above, but frankly I don't care about the visual representation of the level - I just will need the Iso.  I actually had some spare Iso recently, but then it evaporated like dew in the sun.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm creeping closer and closer to that cap. I want the 100K bonus for hitting 125, but would not be upset if the stick got longer.....
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Other.
    With SCL9 requiring shield level 65, level 10 will probably require something beween 90 and 100. There is really no reason to raise the cap other than for prestige.

A nice improvement that others have suggested is to let players essntially repeat level 124 over and over.
    I am currently level 103 and the shield rank box shows the "rank 104 reward". At 125 it could then read "next reward". Then exp would still be tracked and every 6000 (guessing this number. Anyone 124+ is wecome to correct me) points give out a 100k iso bonus and then reset.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Other.

It should be raised but the bonus of hitting 125 should stay. An extra boost for hitting the benchmark would be nice to keep.