Silver Surfer as first 5* champ?

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2017 in Roster and Level Help
I'm just wondering. Hmm. Is Silver Surfer worth championing, especially as a first 5* champ?

I ask this purely because of the current Cosmic Legends store. For those who haven't seen it yet, it has only Surfer, Thanos and Starlord as its 5* (along with all the other 4*) at odds of 5% each.

Surfer is my highest covered 5* at 2/4/3. Based on the average rates, I'll need 2000CP to hit 13 covers, assuming no dupes or Bonus Heroes. I currently have 2300CP, and I can easily hit the ~575k to champ him in 2 weeks. Worth it?

Not sure if my roster can be seen in my sig, so here it is https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Lokithor91/

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A couple of things:
    1. You've probably seen it, but Brigby announced that CS will do a cover swap if you pull a 6th cover from the Cosmic store, so your odds are better than you're giving yourself credit for.
    2. Appearently, there's been a change of heart on both Surfer and Starlord in the 5* meta (Surfer can't be stunned, which is a big deal; don't know enough about Starlord to say why), and Thanos is Thanos.

Everything I'm reading is saying that if you're in about your spot that now's the time unless you have your heart set on Daredevil/Spidey. And maybe even then. 

You might want to wait until tomorrow when Lockjaw cycles in and Carol cycles out.