Bonus rewards - do they work?

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
4 days ago i bought HPs for 2€ but i havent noticed any bonus reward since that (effect of previous purchase expired 2 days ago). Do they still work? :D

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still getting them.
  • veny
    I am not... today i bought another 2€ HPs and still nothing... not even a first guaranteed reward... will keep trying
  • veny
    Hm, i got one now... when do they reset? Like discounted tokens or like daily rewards? :D
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The bonuses should come after Story mode nodes any time you have made a purchase in the last 30 days or so.  You should always get one on the first node of the day (assuming it's still giving standard rewards, I don't think you ever get the bonus from one that has a green check but can still be replayed), and after that they come in with slowly decreasing frequency.

The reset time at which the drop rates go up again seems to be a little harder to nail down.  Seems like it might start 24 hours after that first 100% drop rate reward comes in, so different people might be resetting at different times of the day, based on their play times.

Here's the official D3 help info.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure it's tied to when you get your Daily Resupply. For me, that's about 9:10 p.m. EDT. It's also when I get my daily VIP reward. 

So the first non-PvP match you play after getting your resupply should have a bonus reward attached to it. Supposedly we can get up to 20 in a 24 hour period, but it's usually about half that number. And yes, the frequency of the rewards diminish over the course of those 24 hours. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tend to get my rewards in bunches....usually five or six in my first few clears of the day and then none during the middle of the day and then another bunch of five or six late in the night when I finish my final clears.  Keep in mind that PvP clears don't generate bonus rewards.