Top 10 placement.

2»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Well, SCL9 is here.  We'll see what happens and if placement opens up (it should).

It won't.
    Required 5* node.
  • ZBarJones
    ZBarJones Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Really wishing I hadn't unloaded 400 CP 2 days ago.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:
    Well, SCL9 is here.  We'll see what happens and if placement opens up (it should).

It won't.
    Required 5* node.
    Well, it depends on how people view 1 CP per day, along with 8 CP per event.  SCL9 has the more of the most valuable commodity for 5* players.  There is a pretty strong incentive for them to jump up.

SCL 6 is probably going to be abandoned by 5's at minimum.
  • Bowgentle
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

It won't.
    Required 5* node.
    Well, it depends on how people view 1 CP per day, along with 8 CP per event.  SCL9 has the more of the most valuable commodity for 5* players.  There is a pretty strong incentive for them to jump up.

8 CP vs. double the time spent on PVE again.

I'll try 9 but I think I'll pass.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Mordee said:
    First just want to say sorry man.  I've seen your name in my rankings.  

If you are playing against a lot of 5 stars, means you must have leveled up some 5 stars, but not maxed or champed them.  If that's the case, then you are going up against a tough battle.  Thanos is a PVE god.  You have to champ this guy somehow to stand a fighting chance.

50 minutes is good timing, but with 5 stars you need to clear 30 mins or less.

I don't bother over grinding, that just takes up too much time.  I try to finish each sub with 3-5 mins remaining.  I usually start my final clears with 40-35 mins to go depending on the event.  Even with this, there are faster guys than me. 
    This nails it on the head. The 5-stars can start a grind with 30 mins left, and most 4-star rosters need at least an hour if they're going for the full 7 clears. This means they get more recharge time than you, which is really all it takes to up a several hundred point lead by the end of the of event. Sometimes I still manage to make t10, but most of the time I have to sit there and helplessly watch as 5-star rosters overtake me in the last 3-4 minutes of each sub. Nothing you can really do about that except enter 5-star land yourself, since changing CLs guarantees you nothing. 

I've learned to just accept it until I enter that tier myself, though I did manage a t10 in CL8 for Lockjaw. I'm fine with t20 at the end of the day, but it stings a lot more to finish as #11 or #12 within a hair of t10, than it does to finish as #16 or #17. 
  • ZBarJones
    ZBarJones Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Mordee said:
    First just want to say sorry man.  I've seen your name in my rankings.  

If you are playing against a lot of 5 stars, means you must have leveled up some 5 stars, but not maxed or champed them.  If that's the case, then you are going up against a tough battle.  Thanos is a PVE god.  You have to champ this guy somehow to stand a fighting chance.

50 minutes is good timing, but with 5 stars you need to clear 30 mins or less.

I don't bother over grinding, that just takes up too much time.  I try to finish each sub with 3-5 mins remaining.  I usually start my final clears with 40-35 mins to go depending on the event.  Even with this, there are faster guys than me. 
    This nails it on the head. The 5-stars can start a grind with 30 mins left, and most 4-star rosters need at least an hour if they're going for the full 7 clears. This means they get more recharge time than you, which is really all it takes to up a several hundred point lead by the end of the of event. Sometimes I still manage to make t10, but most of the time I have to sit there and helplessly watch as 5-star rosters overtake me in the last 3-4 minutes of each sub. Nothing you can really do about that except enter 5-star land yourself, since changing CLs guarantees you nothing. 

I've learned to just accept it until I enter that tier myself, though I did manage a t10 in CL8 for Lockjaw. I'm fine with t20 at the end of the day, but it stings a lot more to finish as #11 or #12 within a hair of t10, than it does to finish as #16 or #17. 
    I did manage top 10 a few events ago but yea I keep finishing in 11 and 12 by like 40 or so points. I remember having to fight to make top 20 way back when. And it was like all of a sudden one day I made top 10 and didn't look back....till now. Ha 
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

It won't.
    Required 5* node.

Required 5* node is going to scale to 515, that is not something that ordinary 5* roster can handle easy. For that same reason you can expect lots of players who dont have 5* in area 500+ to be staying at cl8. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 515 in Venom Bomb, Mutation and Carrier have 52k and 68k health. It's going be brutal, and not something I suspect I'll subject myself to very often, so may well stay down in 7 for the bulk of events.
  • Bowgentle
    I'm not enjoying 9.
    The 5* node scales WAY too high for an average (460) 5* roster.
    Other enemies are OK, but that 5* node needs to be reigned in if I'm expected to do 7 clears on that.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Yeah, the 5* node is not clearable at all without some fairly high-level 5* people. Double critical-mass every turn only makes it worse.

Anyway, on topic, the correct answer is to not care at all about placement. Sometimes I do the last two rounds of clearing 3 or 4 hours before the timeout, and then... it doesn't matter. Then when the next event opens I might do it an hour or five later, or the next day. I'm mainly just aiming to do 6 clears and get the xp, since that's all I'm going to reliably be able to do anyway. There's no sense stressing myself out about it only to have the ranking sniped by a whale/cheater.

I have better things to do than schedule life around my phone. :)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I chose cl9. My only champ 5 is Phoenix at 454. Finished clear in 15th. Not complaining, was a little worried about the 5* node after some alliance mates talked about it, especially since my SL5 is 3/3/2 at 255. But, I didn't find it too bad, didn't even use health packs after the 3rd and 4th runs. I'll see how it goes on the grind at full strength, but I'm just happy at the opportunity of 2 4* covers!! It was a good start to this one!!