You heard it here first

LewsTherin0
LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Fury is going to get updated and reworked next. I just got two straight covers for him, after not getting a single cover of his for like 2 years. 

It's happening. 

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I got two today as well.

The X-Files theme is playing in my head.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed him 2 days ago after getting a 14th cover.  :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he is getting reworked, watch his Blue get screwed. I can feel it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aaaand...no.  I thought so too (just champed him because I accidentally applied a GSBW cover), but no reworks this coming season.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Aaaand...no.  I thought so too (just champed him because I accidentally applied a GSBW cover), but no reworks this coming season.
    It's a short season, then the anniversary. Any changes are probably being put off to make sure that goes as smoothly as it can. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nick Fury is a crusty old 4* that needs some love
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fury's blue is pretty great. His yellow probably just needs to hit harder and his purple just needs to do more. He's not that bad, really. I still use him on occasion. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like him but he's slow. Too slow to be t10 competitive in Story and too slow to really be a threat in Versus. Deny him blue and his other powers aren't that great
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Interesting hypothesis, @LewsTherin0! You should check out the Speculations & Concepts section. Maybe there are other theories there that support your claim!
  • Dormammu
    Brigby said:
    Interesting hypothesis, @LewsTherin0! You should check out the Speculations & Concepts section. Maybe there are other theories there that support your claim!
    Please pay attention, children. This is a textbook example of a non-denial denial. You can all learn from this and use it in your daily lives.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I got 2 Captain Falcons covers does that mean he's getting buffed too? Seriously this is a joke topic.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I got 2 Captain Falcons covers does that mean he's getting buffed too? Seriously this is a joke topic.
    I mean, yes, I do believe OP was attempting to be humorous. People do that sometimes, it's allowed.

In all seriousness I do hope Fury gets buffed at some point. He's my last unchamped pre-vaulting 4* because I've always found his slow, expensive powers so unappealing.
  • Dormammu
    Obviously the OPer was making a funny about some of the Murphy's Law surrounding RNG. When did these forums stop being fun?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Dormammu said:
    Brigby said:
    Interesting hypothesis, LewsTherin0! You should check out the Speculations & Concepts section. Maybe there are other theories there that support your claim!
    Please pay attention, children. This is a textbook example of a non-denial denial. You can all learn from this and use it in your daily lives.
    Or I was just subtly hinting that the OP should try posting in that section of the forum, but sure. We can go with your theory too :p
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that the cashier at Dairy Queen failed to include my honey mustard with my order today, and it filled me with fury. As I went back up to the counter to ask about my cruelly forgotten condiment, I noticed his name-tag read "Nick" - I support the OP's assessment!

As a 3/5/5 Nick Guy I'd love to see his purple be something to really worry about - make it target a chosen tile, and make the strike tile truly monstrous - or maybe make it a 1-turn repeater tile that spits out a can't-be-ignored strength strike/attack tile every turn (reinforcements inbound, etc.) 

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Actually his powers work OK if you reduced his tile requirements a bit he would be a great character IMO.  My only problem is that when I use his blue computer never triggers it but when it is used against me I always trigger it first round every time.   :|
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

As a 3/5/5 Nick Guy I'd love to see his purple be something to really worry about - make it target a chosen tile, and make the strike tile truly monstrous - or maybe make it a 1-turn repeater tile that spits out a can't-be-ignored strength strike/attack tile every turn (reinforcements inbound, etc.) 

The strike tile is already fine, the problem is every other part of the power. It costs 12, it does less damage than a Smite with zero charged tiles out, and you only get the Strike tile if your opponent is nice enough to not match away the non-fortified CD tile. The AP steal is a thing, and you might catch the AI with it some of the time (some of the time it expires, which is already "some of the time") but on defense you just gave the human player 2-3 turns to spend that AP so that there's not much to steal.

Compare to Nova Blast. 71% higher cost, for 23% better damage and 59% better Strike strength, but you only get the Strike (and maybe some AP steal) later. Nova can use those Strikes now.

Another comparison would be Full of Surprises. Both 12 AP. Escape Plan is about 13% more damage, but FoS hits the enemy team. FoS makes 4x 180 strength tiles right now, compared to one 630 Strike tile, maybe, 2-3 turns later.

And I won't even bring up Photonic Barrage.

So yes, I agree, Escape Plan could use some work :)
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    This is definitely true. I also pulled a couple of his covers in rapid succession over the past week and finally champed him.

*Skips off whistling the X-Files theme song*
  • LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Yes I champed him as well. Looking forward to trying him out after the rework.