Escaltion in Cheating

2»

Comments

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    How much money they pay in licensing isn't the issue.  Don't make excuses for them.  Games like Marvel Heroes have very low costs to play and have the same licensing.  That is a PC game as opposed to a PC/phone game so support is higher for multiple platforms but the licensing is for the same characters.

Wait until someone finds a cheat the lets them steal coins and see how fast that gets fixed.

The fact is if you are reporting someone who is spending a lot of money on the game they don't really care unless as others have stated people stop playing.

IMO the real solution is to change the reward system so that it isn't so lopsided.  As long as it is "winner take all" (top 10 get sweet rewards and everyone else gets junk) players are going to feel obligated to do whatever it takes in game and outside of the game to get in those top 10 slots.  

Legal or not, Fun or not.  And that is the real problem, leagues getting on at any time to protect their 10 ten positions in PvP isn't fun it's work.

PvE shouldn't have this structure at all.  PvP I think the number of wins thing seems to make more sense.  At least it should be harder to cheat the system.  I doubt that this system will be used overall though because it would eliminate the use of shields (although I have seen people cheating shielding lately) which I'm sure generate a lot of revenue.

tiomono said:
    I feel if people put just a fraction of the zeal they put into pursuing and defending their entertainment into real world issues, we could all live happier lives.

Actually this is the problem with the real world right now.  People with way too much zeal and not enough intelligence.  That's how you get riots and suicide bombers.  LOL
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Don't forget the people who used the multi-device trick to re-roll the million iso when shield ranks came out.  They're just the worst!