Character rebalance?

thedarkphoenix
thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
Are we not getting a character rebalance this season and the iinfinity season instead?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we not getting a character rebalance this season and the iinfinity season instead?
    Infinity Season is just renamed off season. Character rebalances are done at the start of an actual season. If they have any rebalances in the works, they will post it for the new season.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Apple Store notes for R135 say "character balance changes".  Unless it's boilerplate, someone should be modified.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I have my fingers crossed for Fury and Bucky, since I have them both at 11 covers. Itd be nice to feel like they were worth champing...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please Fury...I just champed him as one of my last unchamped 4's.  Make him usable...
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Please Fury...I just champed him as one of my last unchamped 4's.  Make him usable...
    Bucky needs help bad...as does sandman. Fury is ok but he's usable kinda like xf4. They both could use some love tho
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I hope devil dino gets an upgrade limited characters should be STRONGER than regulars
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Fury could use some boost for sure... same with Falcon, Wolverine, i would say
    Actually, it is easy to find some old 4* that could use some boost to fit the standarts of new 4*s.
  • Caprila
    Caprila Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Arix90 said:
    I hope devil dino gets an upgrade limited characters should be STRONGER than regulars
    *Rarer* characters should be stronger, but *limited* characters should not. Imagine the backlash if Devil Dino somehow became meta, and the only way to get him is once a year. Top play would become a closed club of those who've played since the anniversary
  • Now that sl5 is out of latest they could give him some update ? :) 
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Two characters that drastically need a rebalance to deserve their 5* classification is Bruce Banner and Doc Ock.

Banner should generate ap with his transformed passive. Rocket and Groot 4* can. Plus a few other tweaks maybe. The mechanic of transformation is fun. Shame he was not better.

As for 5* Doc Ock I really do not know. He is so bad. He really needs a major rework. Especially since you can still get him from tokens. Eww.

A positive rebalance of a 5* is overdue. Last one 5 cap was great
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X said:
    Two characters that drastically need a rebalance to deserve their 5* classification is Bruce Banner and Doc Ock.

Banner should generate ap with his transformed passive. Rocket and Groot 4* can. Plus a few other tweaks maybe. The mechanic of transformation is fun. Shame he was not better.

As for 5* Doc Ock I really do not know. He is so bad. He really needs a major rework. Especially since you can still get him from tokens. Eww.

A positive rebalance of a 5* is overdue. Last one 5 cap was great
    i agree! they really need to buff Hulk and Ock!

Besides gaining ap from the auto match, i think they could up the AOE dmg. hulk is supposed to be scary, but his aoe is puny now. 

For ock, maybe they should make the stages of his green a lot more scary, and culminating to the final stage. 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    For one thing Ock's reactor tile needs to self fortify. AND he needs a way to self stun, to make it easier to use his blue. Like a self stun when using green that provides a small additional benefit of some kind 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandman is the top candidate.

Nick Fury and Kingpin are honorable mentions as well.
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Anon said:

Didn't they just buff Kingpin in System Restore?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:

They really need to go back to the drawing board with KP. That last tweak did him no favors. I've been using him while he's boosted and he just doesn't work well. His finger of doom is junk now.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Just to piss off the people who want to nerf Thanos, I call for Thanos to be buffed.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    byc said:
    Just to piss off the people who want to nerf Thanos, I call for Thanos to be buffed.
    I agree.   Thanos' passive is just sooooo weak.  It's supposed to be an AoE, but since you have to kill someone to activate it, it can only hit a max of 2 other characters!  That's 33% less damage!  And his green is terrible too!  His CD goes off, what, 0.005% of the time?  Pathetic.  Needs a boost bad.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I hope they re-evaluate the Kingpin update like they did with Carnage. Kingpin did suffer from the power creep but he was useful, he was self-synergized and helped with fuelling other characters. All that needed changing was a balance to the power creep, the buffs to his yellow power are more than welcome but his black has become more of a hindrance because of it. The black needs to be reduced back to a hard-hitting single countdown tile removal over AOE\Ultra-Single mix.

Nick Fury is one of those characters who if he was introduced today he'd be a total powerhouse. I don't know if power-creep is a thing as his Purple is down to personal preference and is a utility in any form. His blue is a no-brainer for max-level and delivers it. His yellow is probably all that needs tweaking. Out of all of the "classics" he just feels like he is just stuck in that time.