Rebalance expectations.

2»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingpin's black did not need to be tweaked
    Kingpin in general didn't need to be tweaked. To this day i still don't understand the reasoning behind his rework when there are other characters that need one way more.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Anon said:
    Kingpin in general didn't need to be tweaked. To this day i still don't understand the reasoning behind his rework when there are other characters that need one way more.
    I still haven't given up hope that they'll revert the KP changes. He's one of the guys I hope to see re-rebalanced again.

And it could finally be Thing's turn. He needs serious help with his active powers. One of Marvel's heavy hitters with such unimpressive damage... a shame.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Anon said:
    I still haven't given up hope that they'll revert the KP changes. He's one of the guys I hope to see re-rebalanced again.

And it could finally be Thing's turn. He needs serious help with his active powers. One of Marvel's heavy hitters with such unimpressive damage... a shame.
    Yeah, I wrote in another thread that it's odd he hits weaker than Nightcrawler. 
    Thing should... I don't know. His green could be the same but add +1000 damage for each tile destroyed that has the opponents strongest color. Or something.
    His red... Just a buff. Add +1 turn stun and double the damage.
    I have a Champed Thing and the 2 changes that would greatly help are:

1) More damage on Red.
    2) Make Green targetable.

Anything else is extra. He's not bad, just unremarkable. These changes still won't launch him into top tier, but they'd definitely help.
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I get the feeling that the developers value protect tiles  more than we do and when it comes to Thing, the size of his tiles they feel balance out his lackluster attacks. I don't see him changing anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    - change Falcap’s blue
    - give Thing’s red more power
    - give Thing’s green more power 
    - fix Kingpin’s black
    - change 3* Hulks red
    - adjust 3* Hulks black
    - change 4* wolverines yellow
    - adjust 4* wolverines green
    - give Prof x’s yellow more power
    - change sandman’s yellow

It doesn’t have to be all at once. But they need to happen. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have Thing very highly covered but I was shocked at how weak his powers are. At 4 covers in red he still does less damage than 1 cover Kate Bishop blue! That isn't right!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Remove the GamBat strategy.
    Vulture shouldn't gain 4 black AP from a 6 black AP move.
    Change Nightcrawler's Bamf when purple is the most common color.
    Buff 5* Hulk, 4* Sam, 2* Steve.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Remove the GamBat strategy.
    Vulture shouldn't gain 4 black AP from a 6 black AP move.
    Change Nightcrawler's Bamf when purple is the most common color.
    Buff 5* Hulk, 4* Sam, 2* Steve.
    Sheesh, let's scrap Christmas parties and holiday bonuses while you're at it. I heard coal is supposed to make a comeback. Coal for everyone!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see War Machine get some love. I never see him in the season Sim - I don't think I've run across him there even once, even though he's been around for a while. I've not found much use for him. I think his red should ditch the active component, and just be a passive (Ultron sentries style) that has a chance for new tiles to be attack tiles. Then again, mine is only 5/3/3 - does he somehow become a beast when champed and properly covered?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    I can no longer see which date this thread was last active, all I can see is that it was during December 2017. Hopefully it has not been dead for 30+ days, I don't want to break forum rule 11 again!

However, new season coming.
    I'm expecting zero (nada) character rebalances this time. This as not to be disappointed to see that they won't give any.
    What about you?
    You can see the exact timestamp on the desktop version of the forum if you hover the cursor over the date. The last post was on December 19th, so you should be fine.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    mexus said:
    I can no longer see which date this thread was last active, all I can see is that it was during December 2017. Hopefully it has not been dead for 30+ days, I don't want to break forum rule 11 again!

I'm expecting zero (nada) character rebalances this time. This as not to be disappointed to see that they won't give any.
    What about you?
    You can see the exact timestamp on the desktop version of the forum if you hover the cursor over the date. The last post was on December 19th, so you should be fine.
    Thanks for the tip, I never knew that.  Another in the long list of unintuitive / bad things about the forum switch..., but at least it's possible to get... I guess...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    mexus said:

What about you?
    Thanks for the tip, I never knew that.  Another in the long list of unintuitive / bad things about the forum switch..., but at least it's possible to get... I guess...
    I only learned it recently myself, so I aim to spread the knowledge whenever possible. :)