Can't play; "An update is available!" on Steam version

I couldn't play because of the servers were down (or whatever; couldn't connect)

Well I waited a while, these things happen (losing out on stuff but eh it is what it is)

BUT now I have a NEW issue

I get in game, it loads up to 100%, then the screen goes black and I get a popup.  A small white box popup window titled top left "An update is available!" with a yellow triangle with a "!" in the body, with body text reading "Great News!  Click "OK" to get the latest version of the game."  I can press an "X" button to close the window upper right, or "OK" button lower right.

I'm playing on Steam, and normally Steam does the file update thing.  So I pressed "X", the window closed, but the game screen still was black, with "Loading:  100%".  Game took me to http://store.steampowered.com/app/234330/Marvel_Puzzle_Quest/

Well that wasn't good.  So I waited.  Closed the game screen.

Went through the  process again but this time pressed "OK".  Game took me to http://store.steampowered.com/app/234330/Marvel_Puzzle_Quest/ again.

Game is dark blue with icon in center - maybe Vulture's icon, I don't know.

Anyways I don't think this is a "server down" issue, it's a "file validation" error or something I don't know?  Anyways I can't play at all.

Comments

• AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    I validated my files through Steam.  Still same exact issue.
  • AardvarkPepper
    (update) deleted local files and reinstalled.  Still have same exact issue.  Game loads up normally but when it hits 100, Vulture (?) circular icon in middle of screen, "An update is available!" popup &c.

Can't play at all.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should contact customer support:

https://www.d3go.com/mobile-games-support

Yeah, it says "mobile", but they do support the Steam version as well.
  • AardvarkPepper
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  • AardvarkPepper
    By the way, it seems that not being able to play on PC Steam is a different issue to the earlier "not being able to connect" or some such error.  (I had that too).

It seems to connect.  But it just won't play.  Loads to 100 then says there's a new version, that's it.
  • Joe_Smoke
    Joe_Smoke Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Suffering from this problem too- situation appears to be exactly the same as Aardvark's.

FWIW I had installed a couple of updates through steam immediately before/during the server outage.  Don't know if that could be related.
  • AardvarkPepper
    I'm guessing the server only recognizes connections from players running the correct version.  After the update, I'm guessing both mobile and PC Steam were broken.  Then I'm guessing the mobile version got patched and the server recognizes requests from mobile, but the PC Steam version maybe isn't recognized because it didn't get a patch after the update, or if it did get a patch after the update somehow it's not being recognized.

Well that's all just guesswork.

I installed a couple updates too; one right after Lightning Round didn't show and I saw an update was in queue, then I *think* another a few hours later?  But in any event, after restarting computer, logging out and into Steam, uninstalling and reinstalling MPQ, still nothing works.
  • Nermite
    Nermite Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I got same problem. I sent ticket last night. Hope they answer soon
  • suyerza
    suyerza Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Support no have solution, 2 days game lose
  • AardvarkPepper
    I have it working on Steam as of around 11 AM Eastern time September 15, 2017.
    I think they put up a patch that fixed it.  XD