To sell or not to sell

Options
DyingLegend
DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
So i have a healthy 4 star roster, so i don't find myself using three stars anymore in the simulator. So i have a couple that are at 266 just sitting there. I don't have an immediate iso or hero coin need ( maybe after this weeken when i get cloak and dagger's last cover) , but is it worth keeping a 266 three star if i have the dupes coming up in the wings? Seems like 100k and 500 Hero coins is low for the amount of time invested to get a 3 star to max.

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In my view, 100K and 500HP *is* low, but the value of a max-champed 3* in PVP is pretty high. They'll still get targeted, but if it takes a couple of more turns for them to get wiped out on defense, that's a win.

There are certain max-champed and boosted 3* essentially play like 4* (most of the usual suspects like IM40, Strange, Thanos, etc.), so I am trying not to ever sell them; others I plan to hold onto and sell if I'm in desperate need of ISO. 

Of course, there are other opinions on this, so I don't think you can go too far wrong.

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with abominatrix.  I'm approaching 266's quickly and have started creating dupes when I generate surplus HP.  My initial thought was to hang on to the top-tier and the others I would generally use for support, and treat the rest like they're farmable - bring their dupe up to champ, sell the max, and use the slot to start another 3* dupe further down the list.

In practice, as long as my hp flow remains positive, I think I'm going to keep the 266's as permanent slots and cycle the dupes.  PvP isn't going to get any easier, so I want to mitigate the effect of the mandatory weak character as much as possible.  Based on my own behavior, I know that low-champ 3* will tend to get targeted more, which only gets worse when you become visible to 5* with Thanos.