Who's The Boss?

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My (future) boss event will be unbeatable. Unbeatable! It will be called The Dread One Rules the Marvel Universe and you all will be complaining of its impossible difficulty on these forums. For 1 AP of any color I will be able to down your entire roster. The official reply from the developers will be: "working as intended."
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate Boss events
    Dormammu said:
    My (future) boss event will be unbeatIable. Unbeatable! It will be called The Dread One Rules the Marvel Universe and you all will be complaining of its impossible difficulty on these forums. For 1 AP of any color I will be able to down your entire roster. The official reply from the developers will be: "working as intended.

Dormammu, I have come to bargain.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister Six
    Oh yeah, and you should be able to retreat and retry boss nodes, instead of just having to live with the insultingly small pile of points if you get a bad board and fumble a clear
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Galactus Hungers
    Galactus got my vote because he's reliably fun to beat and pretty well-balanced when it comes to the higher levels. 

However, it's worth mentioning that all boss battles* suck when it comes to the last 24-36 hours when the sub node scaling gets ridiculous and you've already hit progression, and there's no PVE to play to keep the ISO flowing. 

Seems like that should be easy to fix.

(*Thanos not included, but his format is very different from the other Bosses)
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Angela Bower
    If you think Mona isn't running the show in that household, I've got news for you.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New McG said:
    Angela Bower
    If you think Mona isn't running the show in that household, I've got news for you.
     All I can think of is that episode of Community where Abed takes a class that's all about determining who really was the boss.

Of course, he disagrees with the professor's conclusion and goes full Abed to prove him wrong, which he does. I think Abed concluded it was Tony, but it's been so long I can't remember that specific. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanos
    Bruce Springsteen.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sinister Six
    evade420 said:
    I'd love to see apocalypse boss fight, or fing fang foom would be really cool
    FIN FANG FOOM!

But only if we get Aaron Stack as a playable character :smiley:
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister Six
    I picked Sinister Six, since it seemed to be the most generous I remember playing, points wise.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Godzilla. I would love to see him as a boss. A flip/flop boss because he was both considered bad and good. All characters are buffed. If you choose two out of three that are heroes he is bad Godzilla, different set of abilities. If you choose two bad guys he has different set of abilities. I know it's a stretch but....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos
    Dormammu said:
    My (future) boss event will be unbeatable. Unbeatable! It will be called The Dread One Rules the Marvel Universe and you all will be complaining of its impossible difficulty on these forums. For 1 AP of any color I will be able to down your entire roster. The official reply from the developers will be: "working as intended."
    Red (Passive) 0AP - After Dormammu downs a players entire roster, create a fortified 10 turn countdown tile that destroys 10 health packs per turn.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoy the ones I can beat. 
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Civil War
    I'm going Civil War because of the double rewards.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options

The Boss

Big Boss

Sorry, I have to think of something to do when I can't play on my lunch break as planned. 
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Civil War
    Ok won't let me delete post.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Civil War
    Civil War is the one I like the most due to the amount of rewards plus both of the bosses are alright

Dormammu or Apocalypse should be bosses
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Galactus Hungers
    Galactus old metal head himself.,
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sinister Six
    mpqr7 said:
    I would like to do boss rush again but with improvements.

1) Setting AP to 0 between bosses is a fantastic improvement that they did with the Sinister Six run.
    2) Scaling should be way lowered for advanced players. The problem with many of the bosses in boss rush is that they would fill the board with a single color, leading to numerous matches that resulted in losses after just a few turns, with no possible strategy to avoid those losses.
    3) SCLs should be added to boss runs, so that advanced players get access to better rewards, like with regular PVE and PVP.

Sinister 6 was what Boss Rush evolved into. They fixed the complaints we had about it, and threw in a story that explained why we were fighting 3 guys in a row. It was easier overall than other boss events, and more fun due to the variety, plus the things you mentioned, and I loved it.

I could see them doing another boss rush with these improved mechanics, but I don't see them implementing SCL into it.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have a idea about boss rush, for players who can not complete the event by themselves, maybe make boss fights become a endlessly fight but with rising difficulty after some turns, according the member counts (or sum of rank, so newcomers won't be rejected by alliance) of alliance, so bosses will be easier for single player or alliances with less members, let them have a chance to win the prize.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate Boss events
    I'm the Boss applesauce!