I love this game

So I'm on day 320, and I have to say I love this game. The developers get a lot of flack as if they do things to intentionally tick off the players. But the reality is, they have come up with a very creative and well thought out mobile game that's FREE TO PLAY. 

My son is just shy of 3 years old. I scroll through my roster and he knows the names of half my characters (I'm at 102) and what they do like a normal 3 year old would know animals and their sounds.

Me: "Who's that?"
Son: "Pada min!" (Spiderman)
Me: "What does he do?"
Son: (Palm up rock-'n'-roll sign) "shew-shew"

"Who's this?"
"Tir" (Thor)
"What's does he do?"
(Dah mana bada hamma down!!!!)

I'm stoked about this game. My son and I enjoy it every night as I put him to bed. Not just for its entertainment value, it also brings up some serious questions and teaching moments:

"Dada... Wurs BatMan?"

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Nice that you enjoy the game that much, and that your son does too. 

I also think it's a great game, since it managed to keep me playing for 3 years now (no other game mananged that - I'm not a gamer). It certainly has a lot of value. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    When he asks about Batman I hope you tell him Marvel rules and DC sucks. Raise that kid right.  ;)
    He'll get that automatically if he watches the movies.  You just have to stop DC before Wonder Woman.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    Dormammu said:
    When he asks about Batman I hope you tell him Marvel rules and DC sucks. Raise that kid right.  ;)
    He'll get that automatically if he watches the movies.  You just have to stop DC before Wonder Woman.
    I gotta say, Wonder Woman was better than the other DC movies, but that's a super low bar. It still wasn't very good; I think people just felt like they were obligated to love it because it was a female superhero movie.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    I also love this game but only its mobile version. I first played it on steam in 2013 and it was really hard to compete. I dropped the game after 100 days of playing (after day 20 was logging just for1 training match to get daily reward). Then in the beggining of 2015 i found out that there is a mobile version and now i am at day 946.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I gotta say, Wonder Woman was better than the other DC movies, but that's a super low bar. It still wasn't very good; I think people just felt like they were obligated to love it because it was a female superhero movie.
    I thought it was pretty good. I totally guessed the 'twist' halfway through the movie (normal for me. They have to drop hints otherwise it's not a twist, it's just deus ex machina). You're right, though, Dawn of Justice set that bar really low. I go into those movies with extremely low expectations and generally end up enjoying them. 

I have not attempted this process with Elektra, however. As I understand it, "not even once" is sufficient for that one.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Brigby said:
    Hi @DStrange4Life. That's awesome to hear that you and your son enjoy the game so much! We love hearing stories like yours, and it really motivates us to keep on working hard to make this game even better.

Thanks for your support of the game!

Thanks for all you do to keep us informed @Brigby
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    If “Dah mana bada hamma down!!!” isn’t the name of one of 5* Thor’s abilities I’m going to be disappointed.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if they ever put Hercules in the game then they better have an ability called "Disappointed!!!"
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    And if they ever put Hercules in the game then they better have an ability called "Disappointed!!!"
    I cannot stop laughing at this. Activate ability! Ahhhh. ****! Slumping of shoulders, rotate sadly to back of team.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    As annoying as some of the decisions are in this game, I remind myself this game could always be a lot worse in terms of its monitisation.

I spend a little cash on it here and there, but I always do that because I choose to, not because I feel if I don't slap down £30 a week I'm going to be so far behind the curve as to be lost forever.

The game is incredibly fair with its monitisation and is absolutely not pay to win. I mean sure you could pay insane amounts of money to get maxed 5*s but...all you're doing then is playing against other people who did the same thing. That ends up making the game *less* fun.

So while the game every now and then has some silly moments (like the weird pay wall for this new Shield Training mode) I have little doubt it'll get rectified eventually in some manner. Overall the game is still enjoyable to play.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The game is absolutely miles better than it was a year ago.  Fixing the Iso drought made a huge difference, and the 4* game is way more creative and engaging than it ever was a year ago.  I dislike the increased grindiness for CP compared to the last year, but if it's an alternative between irritation at long unrewarding stretches and just a straight up brick wall, I know which is less demoralizing.  (Not to say it *is* a choice between those things - it's completely reasonable to have progression where it used to be, devs.)