4* Transition Questions

Options
So I recently finished champing all of the 3* (except Elektra), and feel like it's time to begin the 4* transition in earnest. I've been hoarding resources at that level for a while, and my intention had been to save up 2000HP (including 1000 held in reserve for the next new release), and then pull until I receive a character I don't have rostered.

Due to a combination of unvaulting, lucky heroic pulls, and 3* champs hitting 183, however, it turns out there are only 8 non-limited 4* I don't have rostered. (I don't have any 5* rostered.) As such, it seems to me that the point at which I go from HP being the bottleneck to ISO being the bottleneck is coming sooner rather than later.

Here therefore are my questions:

1) Which stash should I pull from first?
2) How much ISO do I need on hand in order to feel comfortable pulling, assuming I also have a spare 1000HP for any unrostered character I might pull?
3) At what point do I stop pulling when ISO is the concern instead of HP?

Here's the current status of my hoard:

• 1,205,180 ISO
  • 2525 HP
  • 2,545 CP
  • 46 Latest Legends tokens
  • 2 Purple Reign tokens
  • 2 Volume 2, Obviously tokens
  • 2 Privileged Intellect tokens
  • 2 Homecoming tokens
  • 2 Hornhead tokens

If it helps at all, my roster can be found in my sig. For what it's worth, I have zero interest in bypassing the 4* transition and going straight to the 5* tier, so having enough tokens to fully cover the 3 5* in Latest is not a consideration at this time. Thanks for any advice you all might have!

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It all depends what you intend to do next. I will assume that championing 4* is your goal. In that case I would open the Special store tokens followed by the CP using the classic store.

First thing to say - you have very limited HP so I guess you spend it on more than slots. If it's the case consider changing that habit for a while in order to be able to roster all characters you pull and gain.

Don't be afraid of rostering 5* - they will not change the gameplay for you unless you level them. Boosted 3* you have reach their level and championed 4* you intend to have will be around 370+ when boosted. So your PvP will change with 4* champions but should not be influenced by the 5* you might roster while you open the hoard.

That being said - with 2k HP you might be stopped after a handful of pulls if you get "lucky" and hit 5*. That's why I think HP is still your bottle neck. This shows that ISO is not yet a problem (you have enough to champion 4 4* but nobody close to be max covered). 

If you pull only special stores and CP you will have about 140 pulls with probably 10-20 5* covers to roster (see the HP being the bottle neck here - you will probably have that spread over 8+ heroes and that alone is 8k HP plus any unrostered 4*).

One more comment - leave the Legendary tokens where they are (that's what I would do). Since you are capable of hoarding keep hoarding them. You never know when you will decide to move to 5* land and when you do - you will need them. Treat it as a nice little trophy or insurance policy.

How I see it unfold? Since you've been hoarding for a long time you are looking to get some progress done. Open the special store (10 pulls). Then move to CP but take your time. There is no need to open at once. You never know when they will change the policy on the rates in Classics store. 

• WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for the advice @Magic ! I ran it by my alliance and they agreed, so I went for it.

Started with Purple Reign, and got a purple Thanos AND Bonus black Black Bolt on my first pull. Rostered BB and will sit on Thanos until I have the HP to roster him. Will be a little while before I can pull again, but I now know my strategy for going forward.

I actually don't spend HP on anything but roster slots (I just have a VERY wide roster), so not much adjustment there. Thanks again!
  • Magic
    Options
    Good luck. As far as HP go - try to aim at top50 in PvE. This is a gold mine as you get HP for sub nodes placement every day. It shouldn't take more than a week to get 1k for another slot. 

Also not sure if your Gamepednium roster is up to date but you might sell some 2* since it seems you are farming them (if not - you should - another gold mine of HP and some CP). It's a nice luxury to keep the favorite 2* for DDQ but to be frank any trio can do it (even unleveled). Have a look and this might create some slots. My strategy on this is - i sell most of the 2* immediately when they are max championed and I have a spare cover to re-roster them. The only exception is trio - Storm-Magneto-Hawkeye (my preferred trio for DDQ). If I have 3k+ HP gathered I will open a new slot and try to champion the spare before I sell the maxed one. But if I can't - i don't worry about it and just sell it. Rinse and repeat. 
  • WalrusGooner
    Options
    I definitely aim for top 50 -- I used to drop down to SCL6 instead of 7 if I didn't have the required 4* for this very reason, but as there are fewer and fewer 4* I don't have rostered, I'm able to do this less. I figure as soon as I'm able to go on a good run of pulls, this problem will solve itself to some extent.

I'm definitely farming 2*. Currently have six dedicated farm slots, and thinking about buying a seventh, but probably won't do that until the crunch for rostering characters I don't have eases a bit. I start 2* dupes when the champ hits 131, and then once the dupe is fully covered, I max the champ and sell it as soon as I get another cover so I can champ the dupe.

Overall, I would have liked to have gotten a few 4* yesterday before hitting a 5*, to help with my final grind for HoD, but getting a BH on my first 5* pull is nothing to complain about. Just need to be patient for a little while to roster Thano5 and then be able to pull again.
  • Magic
    Options
    Having dedicated slots for farming is perfectly acceptable way to approach the farming itself but fairly costly. You have 6 slots used on it. While at the same time there is no benefit of having the 2* leveled for actual game play. You just need to have them all at 1 cover (which is usually the case for a very brief period of time) for DDQ with the CP node and any trio for the 2* nodes. The 2* node in PvE is equaly easy with lvl 15 and lvl 144 2*. 

If you decide to cycle them within the same slot you save lot's of HP for other heros. I also level them as the covers come so I never treat the iso they give as an extra and as soon as I have 13 covers they are championed again. 
  • WalrusGooner
    Options
    Magic said:
    Having dedicated slots for farming is perfectly acceptable way to approach the farming itself but fairly costly. You have 6 slots used on it. While at the same time there is no benefit of having the 2* leveled for actual game play. You just need to have them all at 1 cover (which is usually the case for a very brief period of time) for DDQ with the CP node and any trio for the 2* nodes. The 2* node in PvE is equaly easy with lvl 15 and lvl 144 2*. 

If you decide to cycle them within the same slot you save lot's of HP for other heros. I also level them as the covers come so I never treat the iso they give as an extra and as soon as I have 13 covers they are championed again. 
    It's a reasonable point. Personally, I've had enough trouble with the 2* required nodes in PVE that I prefer to make sure I always have at least a champed (though not max champed) version on hand for each one. I suppose this issue will fade in time, and I could free up slots accordingly, but I'm not comfortable going there yet. Will bear in mind for the future. Thanks!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm definitely impressed with your hoarding!

Looking at your roster, you are also approaching a gold mine of 4* covers from a bunch of your 3's as they reach level 183 so you might wanna check whether you'll need any roster spots for those covers (although it looks like you might be covered already).
  • WalrusGooner
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'm definitely impressed with your hoarding!

Looking at your roster, you are also approaching a gold mine of 4* covers from a bunch of your 3's as they reach level 183 so you might wanna check whether you'll need any roster spots for those covers (although it looks like you might be covered already).
    I've got a handful of those still to come, having just gotten through a glut of them a week or so back. My plan for each one is to sit on the 3* cover that gets me to 183 until I hit 2000HP. That obviously delays my pulling a bit, but so it goes.