'The Rider Awakens' - Best Team to use? Need help please

Noobeeus
Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
I don't know if a glitch or I'm just not ready for SCL4 but have wiped 3 times already and even using boosted champs can only just get past wave 1, got past wave 2 once but only with slivers of health and Mystique smashed what I had left.

Help please on best team to use.
Tagged:

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Champed both Iceman and Peggy literally in the last month (THANK YOU D3 FOR UNVAULTING) and I've been using them with IM40 every hard node. Things really do get significantly easier. It's just sucks I'm late to the party on these two.
  • Noobeeus
    Anon said:
    I Champed both Iceman and Peggy literally in the last month (THANK YOU D3 FOR UNVAULTING) and I've been using them with IM40 every hard node. Things really do get significantly easier. It's just sucks I'm late to the party on these two.
    Thanks, my iceman is only 1/0/0 and I don't have Peggy.

Will keep trying.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you will register on Gamependium you'll be able to share your entire roster, and that will make it much easier for people to give you advice based on what you already have.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without knowing your roster, it is tough. Have anyone who can stun? Have anyone who can steal AP? Might try something like that so the subsequent waves can't crush you.

Also remember that if your last move on a wave is a fired power, it is still your turn. Exploit that so when the next wave comes in, you go first. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobeeus said:
    Anon said:
    Thanks, my iceman is only 1/0/0 and I don't have Peggy.

Will keep trying.
    I wasn't trying to rub it in whatsoever, believe me. I'm just ecstatic that vaulting was removed and I was finally able to get them to this level. I have no doubt that in due time you will as well. Then, you will reap the rewards.
  • Noobeeus
    edited September 2017
    @Borstock I have just set up an account.

In the link in my sig
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    My Iceman is at 250 and Peggy is at 229 (5/3/3) but I keep getting red for her so her blue is kinda worthless outside of a stun. D3, hook me up with more blues or yellows, please. 

Noobeus, use Hawkguy, IM40 and Scarlet Witch. I would change your IM40 to 5/3/5 to get the most out of unibeam plus you will need to focus on Hawkguy's blue. Now Hawkguy and Switch both have a solid purple but I lean more towards Switch for her stun plus Hawkguy's purple can be easily matched away. So with that said I would change him to 3/5/5 to take advantage of his true healing black. Charge up IM40, save his unibeam for when you really need it, IM40 gives Hawkguy and Switch blues, greens and purples. Spam Hawkguy's arrows, Switch does her aoe stun and if needed she can generate some AP with her green. Ask your alliance for some whale teamups and drop a whale if things are going badly.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    I would give IM40, thanos, and strange a try. Rush for yellow, try and land one or two recharges. Recharge gives you green, red, blue. Drop thanos green near the end of a round but dont use it to wipe the round, use it in preparation to damage the next wave. Use IM40 red (set at 5 covers) to nuke individuals and trigger court death. Use strange blue to control enemies with powers about to fire.

At your level, the best way to approach waves is not to wipe a given wave as fast as possible, but to use a wave in which you have good control to build up AP in order to wipe future waves quicker.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    I did it SC7 second time round with a champed 5/4/4 Medusa, 2/4/4 4R&G and 4/1/5 4Gamora. Kept on focusing on 4Gamora's blue stun.

My first attempt at it with my usual Medusa,  5/1/4 4Blade and 3Strange failed miserably so it's not just you. I usually use that team for goon nodes but forgot that this node is not goon based.

I thought I remembered that the last day contained really hard nodes like this one so I made sure I didn't need it go get full progression my maxing out the previous subs.
  • Noobeeus
    Thanks for the tips guys, still struggling with it, the iceman (required) fight was a pain too...professor X was a handful until I got lucky with Thanos.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobeeus said:
    Thanks for the tips guys, still struggling with it, the iceman (required) fight was a pain too...professor X was a handful until I got lucky with Thanos.
    Those two Nodes are just vicious, no two ways about it. I think the others have covered all I could say tactically, but I want to add: Do not feel bad if you're having trouble with those two. The combinations of characters involved mean that, despite the nominal levels, those are really hard fights, and it's not uncommon to see even people with much more developed rosters having trouble with them.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah that 4* essential is no joke. They did some decent damage on me on just the second fight and I had a level 355 Iceman, 320 Peggy and I think my IM40 is around 210. Even went in with some yellows so I could get IM40 charged up quickly. Bad board, yellows spread out and they kept hitting cascades. And when I was finally able to lay down some charge tiles two of them were matched away right off the bat. Just an awful match. Thankfully the third and fourth fight were much more forgiving.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobeeus said:
    You could also try using 3* Cap as a third with IM40 and Thanos, as you can potentially set up looping red and blue attacks with the AP returned - so get 6 yellow for recharge, fire Cap blue to stun and use red to damage, continue to collect Yellow AP for more recharges and when you get blue/red back you can continue the cycle whilst working towards Thanos green or IM40 red finish. Of course this is dependent on countdown tiles but as you can choose where to place Cap's ones (including overwriting enemy tiles) it does at least have some control.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    That team destroys that wave so easily. I remember being in the OP's position back when 3*s were all I had to full use, and that wave was truly awful then. I clear it in about 2 minutes now. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Iceman is boosted this event, on the wave nodes I've tended to use Medusa & 3* Hawkeye as his partners. I spec Hawkeye to 5 black, and between his black and Medusa's yellow, you get loads of free blue, green, and purple AP. Then Iceman just goes to town.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
      Apologies that this really doesn't help the OP but for those who have Bullseye champed, I used my newly champed Bullseye, champed Carol and level 150 (3/3/5) Medusa.  Just make sure your first kill is by Bullseye (purple or green) and continuous healing by his strike tiles and tile strengthening Carol pretty much wipes out most of the enemies without too much issue, at least not on my first go with this team-up.  Try also to make matches with Bullseye's tiles so that he'll create more strike tiles to further intensify the damage/healing.  I honestly was going to skip doing the final two waves of this node but I'm glad I gave this combo a go.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I have nobody good on the boosted team. However, my freshly champed Coulson and 4* Gamora are teaming up with 4* Carol and got me through 2x in a row without needing to heal. I don't expect that for the final level tonight, so I'm planning to bring some match damage boost into play also.

If it works, this will be the first time I have EVER made it through all 3 waves of that node without dying on the final match. So OP, if it doesn't happen - don't worry, I think every single one of us has been there. I remember one particularly brutal round where everybody I had who even had a remote chance of getting through got taken down in the first round.

Apart from stun, etc. advice: Eat all the black that you can to keep it out of GR's hands, but take out Doc Ock first, because there's a higher likelihood that they'll make matches on your special tiles and be doing you a ton of damage from his Insult to Injury before GR ever gets up enough to hit you with the Penance Stare.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I made it through twice without health packs using FlapCap & 3* Bullseye (both champed and boosted) and Medusa (champed)
    Once I got some Attack tiles out of Medusa, I targeted blue to boost them with FlapCap, and tried to use Bullseye for the final blow on someone to get the Strike tiles. Its all over pretty quick once you build up a screen full of attack and strike tiles that keeps getting enhanced.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    With your roster, my go-to teams would probably be:
    • 2* Storm (5/5/3) / 2* Magneto (3/5/5) / 2* Thor (3/5/5) - use Magneto's purple to fuel Storm's Blue. If possible, use Magneto's Red instead of Thor's Red so that you can also collect AP.
    • IM40 (3/5/5) / 2* Wolverine (5/5/3) / 2* Daken (3/5/5 or 4/4/5) - use IM40's yellow to fuel the others. Use Wolverine's green to generate strike tiles for Daken's blue. Use Wolverine's red after you've used up your green AP. Wolverine and Daken are true healers, so they can stay alive longer.