How much percentage increase to make classics pull worth it?

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Remember the percentage boo-boo for the classics? they bumped it to 25% (IIRC), and a lot of people cashed out their hoard. (unlucky for me, i don't hoard and can't make use of this booboo).

That got me wondering, with the increase in percentage, does it make it worthwhile for a new player to pull classics solely?

Assuming a 25% pull rate for classics, the below are some of the pros and cons. 

Pro:
- more 5* (duh)
- more BH 
- cheaper than latest 

Cons:
- spreadout across 14 heroes (and counting)
- poor for new players as it will take more 5* pulls to get a max 5*

i didn't do the stats, but someone calculated that it takes around 300 pulls (with CS swaps) to complete the 5* in latest. 

I wondered how how many pulls it will take for a 25% 5* rate for 14 heroes. 

edited: i remember the percentage to be 45% instead of 25%. my bad.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rate was 25%.
    45 would be totally insane.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, 25%, amd yes, that was enough to make me pull my hoard. 45% would have been batshit insane. Not a single cp would have survived anywhere.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    If you (tomorrow or whenever 5SL drops in) started with 0 5's and wanted to cover them all at 15% drop rate.  AND got perfect distribution to 13.  You would only need....27,300 CP in the Classic store.  15% is 1/7 give or take.  So 140 for each 5* cover.  But you would have 15 fully covered 5's.

At 25% drop rate you would estimate 80 CP per 5*.  Same scenario (start from 0), CP needed is 15,600.  But 15 5's.

To get 3 covered 5's in Latest (with CS help) is 6825 CP, but LTs help a lot there.

Spend your CPs as you wish...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should split 5*s in classics into multiple packs, call them generations or seasons or something and each one would have five 5*s in chronological order, the 3% chance of a specific one would be worse than in the more expensive latest tokens, but vastly improved on the idiotic current scenario.

Obviously, you won't have multiples of 5 so the newest of the classic packs would have some overlap with the one preceding it.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    It showed nicely that even with the dilution and 25% on 5 stars it would still take a lot of time, but it would be good enough to stop me hoarding for latest. 

I hate hoarding Cp and LTS, up the rate a bit and end this awful experience.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Is the 25% drop rate booboo still not fixed? Is it just classics?
  • Bowgentle
    Dax317 said:
    Is the 25% drop rate booboo still not fixed? Is it just classics?
    It was fixed after 3 hours.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    The problem for me is that I want to pull classics instead of opening all my latest tokens. I would much rather cover some of the 5 stars I already have.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    I think if they should make a new store that has 3 classic  5*s that rotate every season and cost 25cp with a 20% pull rate
    *and allow CS swaps for those characters as long as they are active in the store
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Has anyone else thought that once they get to say 28 5 star characters that they make a 5 star only store with each pull costing between 30 to 40 CP? With the 3 newest still as they are costing either 25 or a LT. 
  • Bowgentle
    Dax317 said:
    Has anyone else thought that once they get to say 28 5 star characters that they make a 5 star only store with each pull costing between 30 to 40 CP? With the 3 newest still as they are costing either 25 or a LT. 
    Since Demiurge prices a specific 5* cover at 720 CP anything below 200-300 CP per pull is not going to happen.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm mainly trying to build my 4* roster.  I'd prefer not to have to switch to 25 CP tokens just to avoid getting more 5* covers that will just be trophies for a fair while.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    Dax317 said:
    Since Demiurge prices a specific 5* cover at 720 CP anything below 200-300 CP per pull is not going to happen.
    I would say that at 15% pull rate, that's about 7 pulls, so 140 cp in classic for a 5* cover.  So maybe closer to 200.  A quick estimate of earnable CP in game is about that much if you can hit 1200 in pvp.  (Excluding puchases, random vault pulls, champ rewards).  Maybe up to 250-300 with placement rewards figured in there.  One 5 per week seems reasonable (I got 5 covers last week.). The real question is when they would put this store up (how many 5's).

spatenfloot said:
    The problem for me is that I want to pull classics instead of opening all my latest tokens. I would much rather cover some of the 5 stars I already have.
    Of course!  This makes sense!  The sad feeling I get is when contemplating how many pulls it would take to finish off even a high covered 5.  I estimate with even distribution, 2100 CP would get all 15 5's one cover each (or 105 Classic pulls).  So, I have some 5's who are at 10 covers in Classic.  That would be 6300 CP if I was lucky with colors.  Also, dilution would continue, making the odds worse every 6 weeks or so. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Part of the problem IMO, is that one rate for all has it's limitations.  For anyone actively chasing 5*s as a priority 15% is way too small.  For anyone who doesn't want 5*s much/at all 15% is way too much.  What if the precentage actually change with SR?

Rank | 5* rate / 4* rate
    0-25 | 0/100
    25-50 | 10/90
    50-75 | 20/80
    75-100 | 30/70
    100 - 125 | 40/60
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Part of the problem IMO, is that one rate for all has it's limitations.  For anyone actively chasing 5*s as a priority 15% is way too small.  For anyone who doesn't want 5*s much/at all 15% is way too much.  What if the precentage actually change with SR?

Rank | 5* rate / 4* rate
    0-25 | 0/100
    25-50 | 10/90
    50-75 | 20/80
    75-100 | 30/70
    100 - 125 | 40/60
    I don't think it'll ever happen, but its nice to hope!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Yep, 25%, amd yes, that was enough to make me pull my hoard. 45% would have been batshit insane. Not a single cp would have survived anywhere.
    I like that the profanity filter catches a four letter word that starts with C and means "stuff" or "poo" but "batshit" is apparently fine.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    If I were a brand new player, based on my own experience with 4 and 5 stars gained before, during, and after vaulting:

1) Pull nothing until you have most of the 3 star tier covered/champed. You'll end up with some 4 stars from that anyway but you can just not do anything with them yet.

2) Upon reaching that level, pull from latest until you have ~3 latest 4* covered and champed. You'll end up with some 5 stars from that, but don't do anything with them yet.

3) Switch to classics store and stay there until you have most of the 4* tier covered/champed.

4) This is the point where I feel that it makes game resource economics to switch to pulling at least half the time from latest. Depending on how many "classic" characters you still want to add additional champ levels to.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    25% was good. I was able to champion two more 5*s and bring a few more close to that. I'm hoarding again for the next time, whenever that may be!