Suggestion for better QoL: Drop early roster slot cost

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I may be too advanced to really take advantage of this, but it was mentioned before and I was just thinking about it lately. Roster slots currently top out at 1k hp at 77 slots or so. Considering there's way, way more characters than that in the game now - 54 4*, 45 3* alone, D3 should consider flattening the curve a bit, perhaps to make it cap at 1k at 120 or so characters. There's just no way newer players can afford to roster everything that's being thrown at them - and considering it's tedious enough for people to muster up 3k a month for 2x 4* and 1x 5* without very heavy play, it's way worse for the newer people.

Perhaps throw us a free slot as a reward every now and then?

Edit: HP, not iso. Duh.

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a bad idea. There comes a point where you do turn a corner and it's fairly easy to stay HP positive, but that's basically once everyone is rostered. The more characters added to the game, the longer it takes for newbies to get to that point, which could be too overwhelming for some.

The problem is, HP can be readily bought with real dollars, and something tells me there's a reason for that, which is why it's not likely this will change anytime soon. On the other hand, I do believe that players used to hit that cap price earlier, and if that's the case, then there is precedence for this sort of change. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, there's precedent for this; I believe they've already dropped the cost of roster slots multiple times since the beginning of the game. They also capped the cost at 1000 HP, which wasn't always the case.

Although, HP flow is also quite a bit higher than it was when I started playing, which benefits everyone.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, there's precedent for this; I believe they've already dropped the cost of roster slots multiple times since the beginning of the game. They also capped the cost at 1000 HP, which wasn't always the case.

Although, HP flow is also quite a bit higher than it was when I started playing, which benefits everyone.
    Ah, looks like I was remembering that incorrectly. I thought there was always the 1000 HP cap, just that the price ramped up a lot faster and players used to hit it much earlier.