Best time for 5th clear on 48 hour sub node

cpeyton3535
cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
The other night wile I was waiting to do my 5th clears for the DPvMPQ PvE I was actually watching the countdown timer for the first time and noticed it actually disappeared at around 4 minutes 20s.  This was a consistent occurrence.  The point total was at max even before that time so I'm curious if anyone knows what the time remaining typically is when max points are available?

The implication is that I've been wasting 5+ minutes waiting for the clock to reach zero when I could have cleared the node earlier and had more points available for clears 6,7 and 8.

I neglected to track the starting point totals for each node last night for HoD so won't be able to answer this myself until the next 48 hour sub.  Just curious if anyone else has already figured it out... and is willing to share!

Comments

• champg0951
    champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    As soon as the node countdown timer is gone and says full points HIT IT!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your seeing the effects of the points rounding up and down.  I wouldn't sweat it too much unless your competing at the T5 or higher level.  Generally speaking timing your play (down to the sec) will only net you 1 point per node.  Its a good and perfectly valid tactic, but there are other methods that pve grinders use max scores.

Its actually much more important to finish your clears rather than time it perfectly and accidently leave a node unfinished.

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if it's been fixed lately but an issue I've had in the past with 48hr subs is when the timer claims to have re-set, I do the 5th clear, and then the new timer is a few minutes over 1 day rather than a few minutes under - as if the timer hadn't actually run out. You also sometimes get one point less than the full score, so people line up at 1, 2, 3 etc, points behind the maxed out scores on the leaderboard, depending on how many times it happened to them across the nodes. It's probably not hugely important most of the time, but it's an annoying little glitch.

Anyone know exactly how to avoid that, besides just waiting an undetermined extra amount of time after the countdown timer disappears?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:

Anyone know exactly how to avoid that, besides just waiting an undetermined extra amount of time after the countdown timer disappears?
    When the timer dissappears, force close your app and restart.  You will see that score is rounded up by 1 and the timer is effectively reset.

I think it has to do with how the game rounds off points and time.  That said your only gaining 1 pt for that effort.  (it wont make a difference if you reset the app before the timer dissapears.  the game has its own internal clock)  Unless your competing at a T5 level, This really won't change the LB ranks.  Although with that said,  its super nice to have a nice clean rounded off score, 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for all the feedback, folks.  Best approach is to write down what the nodes are worth as you go through them it sounds like.  Will try that next time I'm motivated enough.

Ironically as I was getting ready to put this newfound knowledge to good use Friday night in an attempt to crack into the T2 I fell asleep and lost a couple hours of recharge time.  Curse my weak flesh!