During the last meeting of my (villainous) roster...

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Deep within the bowels of Castle Doom, Victor Von Doom has collected a group of super-powered villains to discuss their plans; they are gathered around a large stone table.

"Silence!" Doctor Doom lifts his palms into the air to quiet the gathering, "I have summoned you here to plot the demise of the so-called heroes and end their domination of Marvel Puzzle Quest."

"I say we start with the accursed spider!" Doc Ock's mechanical arms writhe around him, "I will tear him limb from limb!"

"Cease thy inane prattling," Ares folds his muscled arms across his chest, "The Avengers are the true threat."

Black Widow looks on curiously, "Why does an ancient Greek god use Shakespearean speech?"

"That's how gods talk in the Marvel Universe," Juggernaut tells her.

"What is she doing here?" Moonstone scowls while pointing at Natasha, "She's a hero!"

Juggernaut reminds Moonstone, "When she's wearing her fishnets she's a bad guy, remember?"

The Vulture unfurls his mechanical wings, "Let's not get off-track; I'm with Ock, as crazy as he is. Spider-Man should be our first target."

Kingpin clenches his fist, "Spider-Man is nothing more than a bug, easily squashed. I say we gather the Maggia families and start with Daredevil. We must demoralize him first, crush his spirit..."

"Don't be a fool, Fisk," Doctor Doom counters, "Without the Fantastic Four and their accursed leader Reed Richards the heroes will crumble before our collective might."

"No!" Sandman smashes a brick-shaped fist on the table, "The others are right, we gotta take out Spider-Man."

"But which one?" Carnage wears a maniacal smile, "There are so many Spider-Men. The heroes even have that annoying little Spanish kid."

Venom's tongue is dripping with green saliva, "We want the black suit Spider. We will eat his brains!"

"I'll take the one with the bag on his head," the Vulture volunteers, "He'll be easy pickings."

Bullseye lounges in his chair, the ace of spades dancing in his fingers, "Is anyone else worried that the heroes have recruited a teleporting dog?"

"Dogs do not scare the Master of Magnetism," Magneto says, standing in a dark corner.

"You're all idiots," Daken remarks, "My old man, Logan, has been carving us all up for the last four years. We should take him out first."

A cold shiver suddenly consumes the room as Thanos steps in, a gauntleted fist raised before him. Upon it sparkle the many Infinity Stones. "Why start with one?" he grins evilly, the aspect of Death hovering behind him, "When we can tinykitty them all!"

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone should hire @Dormammu to write for the game!
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I second that! The content might be the same, but at least the conversations would be spiced up. I love these posts!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This game has writing? Where?

• SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Inside the speech bubbles. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the writing in MPQ is fine and captures the essence of most characters pretty well. The reason none of us read it is because we're all forced to skip the dialogue in PvE to save time. Finding out what the talking heads have to say is sub-optimal play.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I think the writing in MPQ is fine and captures the essence of most characters pretty well. The reason none of us read it is because we're all forced to skip the dialogue in PvE to save time. Finding out what the talking heads have to say is sub-optimal play.
    This is actually one of the reasons I don't usually compete for top placement. I actually like reading the dialogue enough that I'm willing to spend the time on it.
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Jobs at demiurge that are underappreciated/go unnoticed (ranked):

3. Anyone who works on the Steam version
    2. Writer of hero/villain dialogue
    1. Sound designer
  • dave7099
    dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    More of these
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RedLion said:

1. Sound designer
    This game has sounds!?!?!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RedLion said:

1. Sound designer
    0. Bug fixer :grimace:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    RedLion said:

1. Sound designer
    0. Bug fixer :grimace:
    Or, more accurately, bug tester. They do eventually fix them. It would be nice if they tested things first, so the bugs could get squashed before going live.