Devil Dino leveling cost quirk/bug

Options
DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
I find myself in the posession of a fully covered Devil Dino. He's been sitting on level 200 for a while, but since I eventually intend to champ him, I've recently started giving him an extra level every day or so (no rush here, just a slow but steady flow of levels).

Doing so, I noticed something odd about his level cost. After giving him a level, the level cost suddenly spikes temporarily. To illustrate, let's have a look at him right now at level 209:

Cost to level 210: 2,815 ISO

Now I give him 1 level and it displays:

Cost to level 211: 20,304 ISO.

If I now force close the app and restart it, and open DD again:

Cost to level 211: 2,815 ISO.

Now I give him 1 level and it displays:

Cost to level 212: 20,467 ISO.

Not sure what's going on here.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

From what I recall, DD was always cheaper to level than other 4* characters.  From the discussions on here in the past, it's as if there's a discount on his cost, which sometimes isn't presented well.  But it's a cosmetic bug rather than functional.

You could always test it by levelling him, and seeing what it actually costs :evilgrinemoji:

• DeNappa
    Options
    OJSP said:
    My discussion thread with some helpful examples from others. You could experiment and make you own conclusion too. I thought the new Level Up button would solve this problem,.. apparently I was wrong.
    Huh, all that data, and not even a response from the powers that be. Reading through that, I think it is the same issue. will check the actual ISO deduction when I have the opportunity.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad to know the discount/bug is still there.  Mine is currently level 70 with 13 covers.  I'm planning to level manually from 70 > 270 as close to the anniversary as possible.  I'll report the ISO spent vs what the level all at once button showed.
  • DeNappa
    Options
    Oh, I kinda forgot about this thread. I have in the meantime champed Dino, but I did try the leveling thing, and can confirm it was a display bug only. It listed the next level for higher than it actually cost.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over the last few days I've levelled mine from 70 > 267 1 level at a time.  0 ISO savings doing it that way confirmed.  :-/
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

From what I recall, DD was always cheaper to level than other 4* characters.  From the discussions on here in the past, it's as if there's a discount on his cost, which sometimes isn't presented well.  But it's a cosmetic bug rather than functional.

You could always test it by levelling him, and seeing what it actually costs :evilgrinemoji:

You do pay the (higher) displayed value.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've currently got my Devil Dinosaur at level 152 with 13 covers.  It says he costs 961 iso for one level (compared to 1063 for others), and 330,727 for all levels (which I think is the regular cost).  After levelling him a single time, the cost jumps up a lot until I restart the game.

Does this mean that at present I'm best off doing single levels with a restart in between?
  • oni_889
    oni_889 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    DeNappa, I'm a bit confused. You  mentions that the display cost is bugged but the actual iso cost per level is indeed less than the display.

Starfury Meanwhile , you say you pay the higher display value.  

I'm trying the 1 level per game restart, but it is painful.  I'd rather do it from lvl x->270 if it is confirmed the amount is accurate to the max level up cost, or equal to the individual single level per game start.
  • DeNappa
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah, sorry, I'm pretty sure this is what I observed, but with voices saying otherwise I'm starting to doubt myself too. There's no redoing it to recheck it, though, unless I'm rostering a 2nd Dino (which is not gonna happen, folks :mrgreen:). It shouldn't be too hard for a dev or tester (not talking about the playerbase, in this case :# ) to verify this or see what actually happens.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I posted this image of my results from doing a single level per restart of the game in the thread in general discussion:

As you can see, it is offering me two different costs to go to level 270.  I believe clicking the one on the right would bring me up to the regular cost of levelling a 4* character.  Using the button on the left will net a 28.5k iso discount.

I didn't use this method from level 70, so it is possible you could make even bigger savings.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I spent an hour trying this last night, it didn't work at all. Maybe it only works for certain devices. At least I got a champed Dino out of it, so...yay?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I posted this image of my results from doing a single level per restart of the game in the thread in general discussion:

As you can see, it is offering me two different costs to go to level 270.  I believe clicking the one on the right would bring me up to the regular cost of levelling a 4* character.  Using the button on the left will net a 28.5k iso discount.

I didn't use this method from level 70, so it is possible you could make even bigger savings.
    I just tested this and the error is actually the single level cost after you add one level. For example,

To take my Dino from 135 to 136 is 802 ISO, this then goes to 3280 unless I reset and this goes to 802 ISO again. That's the error, there isn't actually a saving. My XFW is showing Level 170 and 1278 ISO to go up. Dino is showing 4k per level unless you reset.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The discounted ISO costs for Devil Dinosaur have been so weird and buggy in so many ways that the devs really ought to just give him normal ISO costs so he can stop having a weird level cost feature for them to break, and then rebalance his powers to have a more viable ability set, like fellow limited 4* Howard the Duck has.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby
    Any chance to gather more information from the devs about Dino's leveling cost or maybe bringing the issue to their attention? I know, like most here said, that Dino used to have built-in ISO discount because of his limited availability. The current display bug makes it look like the discount actually turned into a ISO penalty. I'm close to champion him, but I don't want to waste any ISO.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I just leveled my DAD, and even though I failed at taking this exact screenshot (and pressed the right button instead of the left in the process), I'm 100 percent sure my numbers were different. I didn't catch what the left button said, but after going from 268 to 269, I'm absolutely certain that the right hand button was 40k and change
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's been confirmed that this is, indeed, a bug and that the team is currently aware of it. According to the information I received, it costs less Iso-8 to level this character one level at a time as there is definitely something going on with the Iso-8 costs. 
  • hammajama
    hammajama Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Black Bolt is also suffering from this as well. I stopped leveling him at level 364. Noticed this about a month ago but stumbled on this thread by chance today