What will happen next?

Options
The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
With reading the forums, talking to people on Line, talking to people that were at GenCon, I am curious what people think will happen by the time the 4th Anniversary events roll around in October. 

What will happen next? 103 votes

Shield Rank will increase from 125
25% 26 votes
Another 5* like get a buff
7% 8 votes
Another 5* will get the nerf bat
5% 6 votes
BH cheaters will be actually removed from the game
1% 2 votes
SL 9 will be released
15% 16 votes
SL 9 and 10 released
9% 10 votes
Other (please explain)
8% 9 votes
None of the above
25% 26 votes

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It has to be shield rank, right? There's no reason for the cap in the first place.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shield Rank increase is my vote.

SCL 9 -AND- 10 release would be best for the game.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bet they'll release a 4*, then a 5* and 3*, then a 4*, then a 4*, then a 5* and 3*, then a 4*, then a 4*... Repeat until the game shuts down the servers for good.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I am truly hoping that they will roll out SCL 9 and 10. The game really needs it. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They will remove Bonus Heroes because they removed vaulting.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think I'll have to go with "Other" because the answer is almost certainly that we'll get some cool shadowing around the individual letters in FIGHT.  Or perhaps they'll adjust the hue of the yellow around those letters by 3% in opaqueness.  You know, the important stuff.

Or perhaps I can go with "Other" because it will almost certainly be that a particular poster that has quit the forum and most of the game will return for another nonsensical rambling on how the game should be "fixed" and if it isn't, the poster will quit the forum and game.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would say CL9 is introduced, probably another test for pvp if we don't get one before then, and maybe they announce a season for pve. Oh, and my girl Rogue.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I imagine shield rank would be the easiest to impliment...though I'm not a programmer...so what do I know?

I just assume you'd open it up to maybe level 1000 and just have a set amount of EXP you need to earn to get the same ISO every time. It doesn't need to increase exponentially or anything. Just make it, I dunno, 5000EXP to level to get 75,000 ISO per time?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another bug with the next update.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Double ISO, Devil Dino rewards/vaults, HP sale... the usual.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6*s announced / released during the anniverary event. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, they make "improvements"?!?!?!?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SR beyond 125, because that's the least interesting one.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We were all wrong, though I'd like to think smkspy and I were closest. The answer was Other and the awesome new improvement was to move the Heroic 10 pack to the left.  You'll never stop impressing me, D3. 
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    5* Brigby
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    None of the above.  I think we'll get a second pvp test first, maybe next offseason (they skipped last offseason, so it would make sense).  
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the interest of longevity, they will raise the ISO prices for leveling 4* and 5*. To be fair they will halve 1* and 2* to make it better for new players. Of course 2* sell prices will also halve accordingly.

To suggest anything else is living in lala land.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They will open a store filled with terrible odds (90% 2*s and small iso rewards) and a few random 4*s.
    They might throw a few elite tokens our way.
    They might run a howard pve.
    Honestly, hoping that they have been planning some big game state advancement is too much based on track record. They are a reactionary dev team that cannot properly test their patches, deal with cheaters, or improve more than 2 heroes at a time. If you're asking for CL9 and 10, who says it will be worth the wait. CL8 is garbage in comparison to 7 and offers pitiable improvement when compared to the significant difficulty increase in the only realm that it matters in, pve. In PVP, the difference in CL7 and 8 is even more pathetic. They have no idea how to solve the issue of 5* transition, classic 5* glut, or the absolutely insane breadth of 4*s in tokens. Even with "leaned" pulls towards more recent releases, there is not insignificant odds that you will pull one of over 50 4* heroes. Imagine a new player seeing this and comprehending how senseless it is.
    D3 can't even be bothered to listen to the hundreds of great suggestions given by the community.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zappa said:

D3 can't even be bothered to listen to the hundreds of great suggestions given by the community.

The hundreds of "great" suggestions that are great for the players and would end up losing D3 money?

Yeah, really surprisingly they usually don't listen to those.