4* covers in DDQ token vaults...

jneidus
jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
...are they on a rotation/schedule? If so, can some please link to the post? I started hoarding and have >200 of each sweet/savory, just waiting for a pair of 4* covers I want to go after.

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    One will always be the required character in Crash of the Titans, the other is random to each person.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is random for each vault, to be more exact.  You could reset if you really want the crash cover but not the second (but crash cover's color could change too).
  • jneidus
    Gotcha. Thanks for the responses.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Don't you need 300 tokens to be sure to get what you want? I say keep hoarding. Lets say you spend 200 tokens and still don't get what your after, people have killed for less. Just saying.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    The cover directly below the LT will always be a cover for the character featured in the Crash. As far as I know, the color each player gets is random. Also, I believe the second character (and cover color) are random as well.

So when the store flips in a few days, it will be an Ant-Man cover, but random color, then a random 4* character and color.  So unfortunately, it's not something you can really plan for. If you have HP to burn, you can spend 1000 to reset the vault and hope for a better character or cover color, but in my opinion that's a waste of HP.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I feel like there should be at least 10 4* covers in the ddq vault at this point , maybe 2 of each colour for the featured and 4 random ?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    I feel like there should be at least 10 4* covers in the ddq vault at this point , maybe 2 of each colour for the featured and 4 random ?

Actually, I was thinking they should have a minimum of 8: 1 of each color for the clash character, plus one random color for each of the burrito characters.  That said, there's no way they do this without expanding the vault to include 500+ total covers/rewards...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Don't you need 300 tokens to be sure to get what you want? I say keep hoarding. Lets say you spend 200 tokens and still don't get what your after, people have killed for less. Just saying.
    That's true, you can't be guaranteed a 4* until you've spent 298 (299?) tokens. On the other hand, 200 is easily reasonable to get one most of the time. But you're right, it's hardly a guarantee.

It's only really worth doing, though, if you're targeting a specific 4*, and the one you want happens to be in the vault in a week where you have 300 tokens. Otherwise, you'd get the same number of 4*s just by opening the tokens immediately (and you'd get them sooner) not to mention all the experience, ISO, HP, and 2* and 3* covers that you're going without. 
  • jneidus
    talleman said:
    My plan was to hoard to 300 and then wait for a 4* I want. I'm just getting antsy  :D Also, if one comes up soon that I REALLY want and I'm not at 300 yet, I might just take the risk.

Jaedenkaal said:
    It's only really worth doing, though, if you're targeting a specific 4*, and the one you want happens to be in the vault in a week where you have 300 tokens. Otherwise, you'd get the same number of 4*s just by opening the tokens immediately (and you'd get them sooner) not to mention all the experience, ISO, HP, and 2* and 3* covers that you're going without. 
    You're not guaranteed any 4*s if you pull immediately - I could pull 300 immediately after getting each one and not get a single 4* since the vaults reset. True I'm missing out on other useful things, though.
  • Jaedenkaal
    You're not guaranteed any 4*s if you pull immediately - I could pull 300 immediately after getting each one and not get a single 4* since the vaults reset. True I'm missing out on other useful things, though.
    No, but over time you will get them. I pull mine immediately unless there's a 4* cover in there I do NOT want, and I do get 4* covers from time to time, easily within the 1/150 odds.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I've tried to hoard up to 300 for Tacos but always end up opening before I hit 200.  Usually when I open there I do get the 4*s, but not always.

Now that I'm getting most of the way through my 4*s I'm probably going hoard but only open in cases where there's one I really need, but more likely in times when I need a rush influx of ISO.

For Example:
    I opened 83 classic tokens in one day and came away with 5 new 4*s at 13 covers, 3 of them with 13+.  I had no ISO saved up for those and my current ISO income of ~50K per day would only allow me to champ 1, 2 if I'm lucky in 14 days.  So I opened my 188 taco tokens and got a 200K influx of ISO after all the covers were applied and Shield Rank rewards received.  I was able to champ all 3 in the window.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never seen the usefulness of hoarding taco tokens, I open as I get them. There are so many useful things in the vault, plus the extra 9 xp every day getting me closer to that chunk of iso for each rank up
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I agree with @Milk Jugz.  The only thing in the taco vaults that isn't useful to me is the Health Packs. I'm not aggressive enough in PvP to need them, so the base 10 is all I ever need. I don't even get mad at pulling Moonstone covers, just more fertilizer for the farm.
    I can't even hoard LT's - I just don't like seeing that number at the bottom of the screen. I do hoard CP's until I have cleared my recruitment queue. I then pull classics until I hit a 14th cover for one of the 4*s I don't have champed.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Milk Jugz said:
    I've never seen the usefulness of hoarding taco tokens, I open as I get them. There are so many useful things in the vault, plus the extra 9 xp every day getting me closer to that chunk of iso for each rank up
    The only time I've ever hoarded Taco tokens was a month or so ago, when I managed to pull both 4* in the first 3 days, so I hoarded the last 6 for 5 days until it switched back over.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Drawing all 300 items from the vault is almost always going to be a waste of resources.  My own strategy is to identify a number of prizes I'd be happy with and draw until I pick one of them, and then stop.

If you'd be happy with the legendary token or either 4* cover, then your odds for the first draw are 1% (3/300), with each successive draw increasing the odds.  But when you actually pull one of the desired prizes, the odds will drop by a third.
  • Jaedenkaal
    badsaj said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    The only time I've ever hoarded Taco tokens was a month or so ago, when I managed to pull both 4* in the first 3 days, so I hoarded the last 6 for 5 days until it switched back over.
    Oh, sure. This is the other reason I'll save my taco tokens, although 6 tokens for 7 days is a pretty meager hoard. :)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I typically save Taco Tokens for emergency health packs, but I'm a 5* player and so that is probably the best use for them for me, not necessarily for other people.  Sometimes I open a handful just for the heck of it, but for the most part I shotgun through them when I need the health.

I almost never get past 45 or so in each.