What Happened To Heroic Story Events?

Talus9952
Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
Did you just decide to stop running these events?  Was there an announcement that I missed?

Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    It's time to bring back locked rosters and the restriction against using a character that is in the node for heroics.  I like having something that differentiates one event from the next.  
    As they are now, I don't even notice they haven't been running heroics because there is nothing heroic about them.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Having a locked roster with the Heroics made it harder for them to schedule the 2* essential characters.  I'm sure them unlocking the Heroics was purely a time saving issue so they could throw in the schedule and not have to modify depending on what event was being held. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I agree, bring back the Heroics. With fixed level scaling, it shouldn't be difficult for anyone to find a SCL that works for them. The game needs more variety, and we already have it setting there, not being used.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Maybe because whenever heroics were run in the past, everybody on the forum and their grandma were complaining about heroics. Though since then, they've seemed to make changes to most of the complaints people had about them.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Having a locked roster with the Heroics made it harder for them to schedule the 2* essential characters. 
    But with mirror matching unlocked, that shouldn't be an issue now.

I've been wanting these back for a while now, even without the new reduced PvE scaling. Devs, please listen!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild said:
    Maybe because whenever heroics were run in the past, everybody on the forum and their grandma were complaining about heroics. Though since then, they've seemed to make changes to most of the complaints people had about them.
    This is true. There was widespread complaining on these forums each and every single time they ran a heroic. The only people who liked them were the 5-star players, but only because it reduced their scaling and gave them an excuse to use the dusty 3 & 4-star section of their rosters.

I don't care if they bring heroics back or not. Once they made the change to unrestricted rosters they became indistinguishable from every other PvE event.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I can only speak for myself:  I didn't complain about them when they were run, and I did complain when they made the change to this format.
    There were times when my roster wasn't up to the challenge, and I simply couldn't compete.  That was already going away for me when they made all the changes.  That's part of the fun of developing your roster...seeing those advancements. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hated heroics when my roster was developing, but never complained about the restrictions.

I do miss them as now we have even less pve events so the same small sample is being run into the ground from overuse.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Main thing is to add some variety to the schedule. What about all-female PVE event? We've had that for PVP in the past. How about Team Cap or Team Iron Man event. There are not enough Inhumans in game to limit just to them yet, but changing out available characters in an event once in a while would be nice. Make people have to think about their teams beyond Thanos.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I always enjoyed the limited-roster element of Heroics, even when my roster wasn't as developed as it is now. It forced you to find new ways to put teams together and make characters work together even if they weren't totally natural fits. I understand it'd make it tough on people who are relatively new to the game, but the scaling changes would mean 5* players wouldn't have the same complaints any more. I'd like to see them come back, with the roster restrictions back in place.

Or as suggested above, at least do something to make some PvEs stand out from the rest. At the moment that's the main appeal of Boss events - they're a break from the PvE monotony. The boosted lists each week do a little, but it'd be good to have something more that shakes things up.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Every time they ran them before people complained. Heroic Juggernaut was a huge pain in the **** at one point. But then they changed the roster limitations, which lead to new complaints. Some made sense, like 5* players who stopped getting a relief from their scaling that heroics would provide. Others are dumb, like the people who loved the restricted rosters, because no one is stopping them from limiting their rosters every event in any way they desire.

At that point, I don't blame the devs from saying screw it and dropping them together.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs decided we had too much variety and game modes in PVE and removed restricted roster events. 
    I always liked them, even as 2-3star transitioner. But I understand why they did it now.
    We have 3 times the number of characters as when Silver Surfer came out. It's damn near impossible for newer players to have enough decently champed, heck.. covered.. or even rostered characters out of a selection made. And they never restricted teams with synergy either, just the weekly boost list + essentiels. Leading to all 4stars sharing the exact same 3 colors once.

The solution to this problem is easy enough. Let users restrict their rosters themselves. Upon joining the event you are required to pick up to 4 4stars, 6 3 stars and 3 2stars, 2 1stars.plus essentials given and reinforcements of 1 4, 1 3, 1 2 per sub.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    We cycle through the same few events over and over.  I'd like to see them back, where or not they have roster restrictions.