Is Sandman the worst 4* in the game?

Options
13»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apparently Sandman & Vulture work well together. I don't have them covered yet, but the combo is there.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honestly Sandman is the new Chulk.  2 fine powers and a high HP pool but the character is destroyed by one horrible power, yellow.  He is usable just like Chulk was before his fix but he is so hamstung by his bad power he will never be used other than when boosted and primarily for a HP sponge.  A little tweak to the yellow (a passive that creates defensive tiles) is all it needs and it would be fine but having to double cast it on a non-defensive tile generating team makes him useless especially since most of the people who generate defensive tiles in the 3/4 land have better yellows.  I can not say if he is the worst but he is bottom 3 at the moment, frankly Kingpin has taken a huge hit with his "update".
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Apparently Sandman & Vulture work well together. I don't have them covered yet, but the combo is there.
    Yeah, this pair is pretty neat! As they were both boosted in PVE the poor goons didn't stand a chance against Sandy's 8k AOE and Vulture's Circling Prey.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Yeah, this pair is pretty neat! As they were both boosted in PVE the poor goons didn't stand a chance against Sandy's 8k AOE and Vulture's Circling Prey.
    Wouldn't have thought of it, but yeah I bet that works nicely. Spam AOE/stuns while letting Vulture's blue wipe out any special tiles when it auto-fires.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I admit that I'm not wasting ISO to check out a champed sandman, but I find it hard to believe his green would be better than vulture's if they're both buffed (or not buffed)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit said:
    I admit that I'm not wasting ISO to check out a champed sandman, but I find it hard to believe his green would be better than vulture's if they're both buffed (or not buffed)
    The damage is lower, but you can fire it faster, there's no CD to have removed on you, and it stuns.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've got teams I can wreck shop with and use perfectly with Sam. And Elektra. And Thing. And I've got ideas for Sandman. 

Ive got nothing with Fury. 
    Or Spider-Woman. 
    Actually you can use Fury blue and spider-women purple together in a team with 1 character to speed up either blue or purple and flood the board with trap tiles. I tried that before and it is quite fun as there 11 trap tiles for enemy to match and get hit by heavy damage.
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just champed sandman against better judgement....well I did have 3 on the vine, but I had a few 4* I could've champed instead. So for sheer experimentation, I used it on ddq today with bumfist 5/5/3, vulture 3/3/5 and sandman 5/3/5. Pure synergy! Very fun team. Non stop sand blasting. Can't wait to see how far I get on next season's sim with that team. Probably 1400 before I switch out.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,021 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think a good change to Sandman's yellow would be to make it like Daken's blue power 

deal (insert damage number here). Convert up to 3 shield tiles to yellow basic tiles. Deal (insert damage number here) for each shield converted. 

passive: whenever anyone makes a yellow match, convert a yellow basic tile into a shield tile of (insert damage number here) strength.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, Sandman is the worst in the game.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, not at all. His green's fantastic. It's just that his purple and yellow need a revisit.

With his yellow, if you don't have a loaner protect tile, you're spending 20AP to deal 10k damage (BOOSTED). That's bad.

His purple needs a kicker; something that makes more yellow tiles and protect tiles on yellow matches..

Do that and his rank goes up heaps. But because of high health and low ability costs, he's a "buy now and reap dividends" when he's tweaked sort of character. Mine's already 290. I'm happy I got him leveled so early.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've played him a handful of times and I havent been impressed.  Yellow cost to much for such weak protect tiles and trying to re cast it again for such small damage is meh.  His purple needs a complete re-work, 8ap to swap tiles and make  a few yellow.  

I'll just use other characters i enjoy playing or feed sandman to thanos.