Other types of Tabs

Dax317
Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I am pretty sure some of what I am going to bring up has been discussed but I know at least one of my ideas, I have not seen on the forum at least not on anything recently.

1) Live PvP: a tab where you battle people in real time of your own shield rank. I.E. if you are level 50 you can only fight other level 50 players. Or make it a range of 5 levels working back from 125. 125-121 would be the highest bracket and so on. Rewards could be modest 500 iso and 5 xp per match. You could also be able to talk to your opponent. Limiting factor: would it be to size restrictive for a mobile game?

2) Second SIM: where you pick your opponents to try character combinations. Very minimum rewards 50 iso and 1 xp per match. This would give you a training ground to figure out how to fight a particularly tough boss. Give new players a chance to hone skills. Give people who enjoy playing something to play while waiting for pve, the right time to start PvP climbs, etc... Give you options of setting your opponent strengths and powers. Again limiting factor size restrictive for a mobile game?

3) Second Story Arc besides Dark Avengers: Pick one from the world of Marvel: Agents of Shield(Hydra), Secret Invasion, Civil War, Any of the X-Men stories, etc... start with a prologue and only allow players to use 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, 5 star characters at certain intervals. Players would keep their current rosters. Negatives: size restrictive and would devs want to keep up with 2 story lines, especially since they have a hard enough time coming up with decent new content as it is.

Any other tabs people would like to see? People think these ideas are crazy, worthwhile, but we all know they don't have a chance but we can dream. Please share your thoughts and ideas. 

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Away missions sounded really exciting at the time.  Some way to utilize 95% of the roster you paid to recruit and never use until their time at boost comes around.  I hope that idea is still knocking around the corridors.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've mentioned a training mode countless times and I wouldn't be surprised if something is around the corner. Maybe for Anniversary. I wouldn't even need xp or iso for winning fights I just want similar things you mentioned like picking your enemies and their levels, setting conditions like wave missions and not needing health packs. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Live PVP will never be a good idea. The amount of ragequitting/AFKing/shoddy connections would make it miserable.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dax317 said:
    1) Live PvP
    No thank you. AI turns take long enough as it is, I'm not waiting around for a human opponent. Plus, the AI plays sub-optimally and I'm fine with that. The difficulty level is set and I go in knowing what it's capable of (short of a freakish cascade)

2) Second SIM: where you pick your opponents to try character combinations. Very minimum rewards 50 iso and 1 xp per match. 
    Yes to the idea, no to the rewards. Too easily exploited. This is why they closed the Prologue nodes.

• Dax317
    Dormammu said:
    Dax317 said:
    1) Live PvP
    No thank you. AI turns take long enough as it is, I'm not waiting around for a human opponent. Plus, the AI plays sub-optimally and I'm fine with that. The difficulty level is set and I go in knowing what it's capable of (short of a freakish cascade)

I personally just like the idea of being able to interact with a real person. Where each of you get to pick one character at a time. This wouldn't be about speed just fun and interaction. But I do like your perspective.

2) Second SIM: where you pick your opponents to try character combinations. Very minimum rewards 50 iso and 1 xp per match. 
    Yes to the idea, no to the rewards. Too easily exploited. This is why they closed the Prologue nodes. 

I thought the rewards, being this low, would offset all the whining about needing more iso. Just thinking outside the box. Thanks for adding to the discussion!

• Dax317
    Jarvind said:
    Live PVP will never be a good idea. The amount of ragequitting/AFKing/shoddy connections would make it miserable.
    Aren't these problems with every game over any network regardless of platform: pc, PlayStation, Xbox, etc...