HOW TO: Prevent this streamlined team-setup.

2»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    We have a different experience, I think.  All I ever see are Medusa + Gamora + Grocket or Carol + Blade + Medusa once you get past about 1400 pts in Simulator.  Before that there's lots of variety.
    This is accurate for me, as well. There's lots of variety in the sim until you hit a certain point threshold, but then you hit the dedicated players. The players who take the time to visit the forums and other sites to understand the meta. Basically... us.

The SHIELD sim is but one corner of MPQ and it's unique - exactly because it's the one arena where the base game is played (with no boosted characters) and you can choose a team of three (no essential character). This is where the meta is defined. The meta is the meta and you can't get rid of it. A certain segment of the player base will always figure out what is optimal, no matter how many funky rules you throw at it to counter them.

I don't think the developers should have to police the meta, It should be on us to figure out teams and strategies to counter (and potentially change) the meta. If the developers need to step in from time to time with a re-balance, so be it.