Riri - how to make useful

Options
just changed riri after a windfall of riri covers. 

Not sure how to cover or play her.  Seems a waste
Tagged:

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riri is far more useful since her rework. Most people like her set 4/5/4. I prefer 5/5/3. Her blue can make tons of AP to fuel her awesome red. Green definitely has its uses also
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/5/4 is pretty much the best build, blue at 5 gives you only 500 more dmg, green gives one more turn and about 1.5k more dmg, not worth it in both cases.

I never liked Riri before and found her re-work made her a very worthwhile character now.

Her main role is generating red with her blue, pretty much her best skill most of the time. Pair her with someone else who puts red on the board (Phoenix, Cycl3ps) and things get quite crazy. Or someone else who make charged tiles would work too.

Red is good but sometimes you're better off using another one, depends on the situation, its pretty flexible.

Green is an emergency button, it works when you really need it otherwise just forget it.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, her blue is her best. Wait until there are a couple of red tiles just outside the middle four and it's pretty easy to get a match-5 along with a boatload of red and some solid damage.

Her red is a little weird and takes some getting used to because it works well when there are one or three enemies, but not when there are two, but it's a nice finisher, and handy for getting around Thing/Colossus/3Pool.

I often find myself using blue to drop someone below what her red will do, and then rotating them to the back along with whoever I want to down next to hit them with the gauntlets.
  • Power_Stryke
    Power_Stryke Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mine is set at 4/5/4. I think it's pretty much a no brainier build for the reasons given previously. You get the best you can get out of her with that build
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She's my go-to-gal for the required 3*node in the Deadpool Daily, along with IM40 - his yellow into her red lets you down the two fools in the back, then blue usually generates enough red to take out the one remaining guy in the front (or takes him/her/it out with match 4/5/critical cascades). I'm currently 5/5/3 because I was experimenting with using her with Gwenpool (and her green's better), but I do think in general 4/5/4 is the way to go. 

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riri is my favorite damaging 4-star, replacing Kate Bishop (who, luckily, plays well with Riri). With an accelerator like IM40, Riri will end matches quickly and decisively. It's a little tricky managing your enemies health the way her red works but once you get the hang of juggling her damage around she's a beast. And when she's boosted... she's epic.

I too go with a 4/5/4 standard build.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually go with 5 red, 3 blue and 5 green with her.  I like maxing her green to give me nice damage and the airborne feature longer.  I find her blue at 3 is still adequate myself.  I like pairing her with 4* Star Lord for example and all three of her powers become quite a bit cheaper (usually set his red to 3 when pairing him with her) and IM40.  Since IM40 generates enough red by himself, I also don't need her blue at 5.  
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    great guys - very helpful
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What a great resource thanks for sharing
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    New Riri is pretty baller, man. I run her 4/5/4 (like most, apparently) and prioritize blue. If there's a red tile anywhere near the center you can count on getting at least 7 red AP when it fires, possibly more, so matching red isn't really necessary. Then just rotate targets to max red's damage and go to town. If I have another green user I tend not to use her green much, but it is handy now and then to delay an incoming attack. 

Just don't fire red when there are two targets alive (unless it's to down someone and stop an attack), since that effectively halves its damage.