Duplication Strategies

Options
Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
Hey,

Oh happy day.  My rooster is basically at a complete level. I have all 4/3/2 stars (minus dino/duck/bag) and just 1 star Jug.  And I will soon recruit another 1 star to hold a place for new additions.  

So I am thinking about starting duping my regularly used 2 star team.  (mag/hawkeye/storm) So that I can always have quick dead pool clears.  

But this is new territory for me.  Any mistakes to avoid?  is duping 2 stars a waste of HP?  
Tagged:

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sometimes thing of doing this, having a core team of three 144 two that I would never sell: Hawkeye, Storm, and Magneto.

Though nearing the end of the 4 star champing phase, I just know that I would sell off them for iso the moment I would need it. 

It's only a waste if you think it a waste, your HP and slots afterall.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't bother keeping any 144s lying around.  I sell them as soon as I get an extra cover for a 144.  The DDQ nodes can be beaten by any 3 champed 2*s, so I usually pick the 3 highest that go well together.  Currently that's Ares/Mags/Storm.  When I sell one of them I'll switch to a new team.

I've been keeping all of my 266s though and making dupes of them.  They're useful in PvP, so it makes more sense.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually keep my DDQ team at 144 at all times, I have dupes of Storm, Ares, and Magneto for farming. Just recently I champed more 4* than the time should have allowed by selling every max 2 I had but HE, Cap, and Bagman. It's pretty annoying to use Bagman in DDQ, BTW....  Eventually I'll get to a point where I have a roster of all 2* at 144 and a dupe of all for farming, but that's just my preference. Same strategy with my 3*, copy of all at 266, and another of all for farming. You could also look at it like this, if I really, really, really need iso for something I have a bunch of characters I can sell at hand and I'm still farming other characters. It's like an iso savings account. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have started duping my 2's so I can get them to max covers while any 6th cover I would pull goes to champ levels on the other. Less cover waste. I have 3 ms marvel one champed, one at 5-2-5, and the last at 1-0-5. And i have enough hp for 2 more slots right now. Only characters i am missing is 5 daredevil, yondu, and mockingbird.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't keep extras 2s, just keep the cycle going.  I like the bonus challenge of occasionally having to scramble for a new DDQ team when I've left myself unchamped or under-leveled.  
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't really see any point in duplicate 2*s. I usually sell the lvl144s once there's a cover for them about to expire in my queue, so that gives you two weeks to pile up a few covers and likely get your new version better than 1/0/0 (so it won't be a complete sitting duck if it's a required character in a PvE). DDQ is pretty straightforward with any 2* team, so if I have to switch it up for a bit due to the usual choices being underpowered, it's no big deal.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only perma-champ I keep is a 144 Ares - he's strong enough so that even if he has two under-leveled two star partners I can still take down the two 2* required nodes in DDQ. I also have a "rolling" Ares that gets built, champed, and recycled.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2* and 3* champion farms are basically the only reason I play the game. Keep on farming!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would dupe members of my DDQ team for convenience, but I often find that I need the ISO boost and wind up selling maxed 2* once I have a championed replacement.  I will say that even if you don't decide to maintain a maxed character while farming a replacement, HP spent on slots is never wasted since new characters are always being introduced.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Farming 2* will gain you more HP than it costs in the long-run (especially since you only have to buy the farm slots once, but can recycle them forever as long as you keep the spot).

Keeping 144 2*s is not necessary. There's nothing in the game where you're required to use 2*s that you can't reasonably do with any 3 2* champs.  For the required specifics you can drag a non-champed through easily as well.

How I would progress for you to start your farm:
    1.  Next 2* you get roster it as a dup (do this for as many as you have HP for).
    2.  When you hit 13 for that character, sell the 144 champ and recycle that ISO into immediately champing the new 2*.
    3.  Rinse and repeat forever.

Optionally at some point start duping at fresh champ instead of 144, this gives the option to save some covers if you go on a long single color streak before you hit 13.  

Farming will gain you HP, CP, HTs, and specific 3* covers.  It's close to ISO neutral, possibly a small ISO cost, but that's debatable.  

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used to do this, but ended up selling them off in an ISO crunch and have not really found it worthwhile to do again. Any team of freshly-champed (94) two-stars is capable of beating the 2* DDQ nodes without health packs, so there's no real reason to bother with the extra slots. 

@broll has the optimal strategy above me here, at least in my opinion. Personally I sell and rechamp immediately once I hit 144 and have one extra cover, then start the dupe, to avoid 5-cover waste. Keeping them at 144 to make those nodes go by ten seconds faster just isn't worth it, though.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    My recently-implemented strategy starts a 2* dupe when the original hits 131. Build the dupe until fully covered, applying any sixth covers in a color to the champ, and then building the champ to 144. When the next cover comes in after that, sell the max champ and champ the dupe. Lather/rinse/repeat. Seems to take about 6-7 extra roster slots to do this for the entire 2* roster without queueing or selling covers.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like to save the dupe like an investment. Have to be able to afford the hp and slots, but keep saving them until you have enough to sell several at once for a larger project. Depends on where you are in the game. Having 2 of each two star lets you use Thanos mercilessly in PVE since your 3 passes at sub end and 4 passes at sub start will drain a health pack or 2 otherwise.