What is your preferred team up, and why?

Options
Lucifier
Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
Hi all, What is the team up char that you would like to get (which ability exactly) and why?

I am still new to the game (so there is a lot i don't know), but for me I like either:
1- Agent Venom (Take Cover) ability which for 11AP deals damage to the enemy team, and turn my team invisible for some turns, very good strategy to deal damage to enemy while i builld up my colors and might also be healing at these invisible turns.
2- Captain Marvel (Photonic Baarrage) ability which for 8AP which place a fortified (most likely) 5-turn countdown tile, that create a strike tile every turn, and deal big damage when it expires, i like because it is fortified, down one target when it expires, in crease my damage, and does not cost a lot of AP, only 8.

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1. Black Widow (Modern) - Widow's Sting

Cost 9 AP and stuns for 5 turns!

2. Storm (Classic) - Wind Storm

Cost 11 AP and stuns for 4 turns + damage to enemy team.

3. Daredevil (Man without fear) - Billy Club

9 AP stuns for 2 turns, create a 3 turn Count down tile and when hit 0 = stuns again (repeat).

I like the stun team-ups but a Deadpool Whales really come in handy in a tough situation :)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MBW Blue is the best.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    talleman said:
    2. Iceman - Uncanny Snowman

Cost 6 AP and stuns for 4 turns!
    ...and is unavailable as a TU.

I always recommend Mr Fantastic - the only TU he gives out is blue, which stuns for 3 turns, swaps two chosen basic tiles AND turns them into fortified protect tiles - and all that for only 7AP. Probably the best bang for the buck among all possible team-ups.

I also really recommend this pretty exhaustive (although not updated recently) guide: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/28918/on-patrol-a-team-up-guide-last-updated-11-29-16#latest
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 - Jean Grey's Mind over Matter.  It does good AoE damage, and there are always special tiles for it to erase.
    2 - Whales! When you absolutely, positively, have to win a fight.
    3 - 3-star Punisher's Retribution.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any tu that is boosted to 479 for the week and deals MASSIVE damage
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mordo and riri both only have 4hr cooldowns (for the time being) and are really decent tu's. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    talleman said:
    2. Iceman - Uncanny Snowman

Cost 6 AP and stuns for 4 turns!
    ...and is unavailable as a TU.
    Didn't know that. Edited* :)
  • Lucifier
    Options
    oh i forget about Ice man the "Whiteout" ability it is great, deal big team damage specially when there are a lot of blue tiles in the board.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ghost Rider Black, especially as it's now only 10 AP.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spiderwoman purple.  All you need is love... when staring at bunch of special tiles that are doubling up the damage you're taking.

Of course Deadpool Whales.  For that special time when a champ 5* team has given you a whuppin, but the retal is worth enough to get you past 900 in one match.  I'm not proud of it, but I'm not ashamed of it either.

MBW Blue, because when their Blade is stunned, it's safe to keep the red on the board for your blade.

Loki purple.  It's a good low-cost board shake.  Doesn't require too much investment to fire and can turn an unwinnable situation into a tractable one.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    Of course Deadpool Whales.  For that special time when a champ 5* team has given you a whuppin, but the retal is worth enough to get you past 900 in one match.  I'm not proud of it, but I'm not ashamed of it either.
    mmm, how does whales work, does it work everytime, from my understand you have to play him everyday to increase his points, so is it like every few days you use him only one time, or it is because it is a team up, it works everytime you use this team up?

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Calnexin said:
    mmm, how does whales work, does it work everytime, from my understand you have to play him everyday to increase his points, so is it like every few days you use him only one time, or it is because it is a team up, it works everytime you use this team up?

You still need to have enough DP points to turn it into megawhales, but it pops up the "DROP A WHALE ON 'EM?" screen like normal, with the PUSH ME button for the insta-win.

Personally I use him every day on the essential node in DDQ for this exact reason, so it's never a problem.

This and W1dow are the only teamups that I regularly use on purpose. Mostly I just run with whatever random junk I get when I throw out a request for my alliance to get XP, and fire it if I happen to cascade into the AP.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    @Jarvind
    Jarvind said:
    Lucifier said:
    Calnexin said:

You still need to have enough DP points to turn it into megawhales, but it pops up the "DROP A WHALE ON 'EM?" screen like normal, with the PUSH ME button for the insta-win.

Personally I use him every day on the essential node in DDQ for this exact reason, so it's never a problem.

This and W1dow are the only teamups that I regularly use on purpose. Mostly I just run with whatever random junk I get when I throw out a request for my alliance to get XP, and fire it if I happen to cascade into the AP.

nice strategy.

just to understand something here, how much DP can we earn per day, from my understanding i can earn DP only one time per day even if i use him like in 10 or 20 fights, or do i get PD point for each fight i use him?

how many DP (or how many fight or days) should i get to have him enough to take for example a target with 15k health?
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lucifier said:

just to understand something here, how much DP can we earn per day, from my understanding i can earn DP only one time per day even if i use him like in 10 or 20 fights, or do i get PD point for each fight i use him?

how many DP (or how many fight or days) should i get to have him enough to take for example a target with 15k health?
    You can earn about 3k (on average, the exact amount is random) Deadpool Points per day by winning a fight while having 3* Deadpool on your team. Additional fights that day won't give you more points, unfortunately.

When you collect 28k or more DP, you can spend them to instantly down all enemies you see on the screen, regardless of their hitpoints (even a team full of level 550 5*s, if you manage to collect enough AP before they match you to death). In any regular mission it's an instant win, but it won't work for wave nodes (downs only enemies that are present, not even necessarily the whole wave).
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aggressive recon all day
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mordo TUs are pretty strong, black is meh but the other two are pretty big nukes, even when he's not boosted.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:

That's exactly what I do.  It's not a long-term win strategy, because you can only earn enough for one use every 9-10 days.  It's only for those times when I'm vulnerable above 800 and can't find enough winnable matches to pass 900 in 2 hops.  I use one about once every 2-3 weeks.

I fear the day when I'm counting on whaling a match and don't realize I don't have the points.  My stockpile is hefty, but I can see it getting depleted by a run of desirable covers.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1* Spider-Man.  2 crits for 8 is good.

1* Black Widow.  Stun.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1* Black Widow blue is best in game. It's cheap, its a sick 5-turn stun, and you can give it every eight hours. Check out some of the top rosters in the game; on most, you'll see multiple 1* blue-only Black Widow. This is so they can give the team-up in bulk over and over.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Piro_plock said:
    I always recommend Mr Fantastic - the only TU he gives out is blue, which stuns for 3 turns, swaps two chosen basic tiles AND turns them into fortified protect tiles - and all that for only 7AP. Probably the best bang for the buck among all possible team-ups.
    This. Reed's blue is probably my favorite power in the game - big stun and shutting down match damage is a big plus. Getting 3-4 of those tiles out starts noticeably decreasing power damage, too.