Question about ISO

Dax317
Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
I have been playing for just over 500 days. Little background about my roster. Farming 2 stars. All 3 stars are championed. 20 4 stars are championed. Most of my 5 stars are sitting at 255 with the exception of a few due to making early newb mistakes. Hoarding LT, CP, Heroic and Taco tokens and only using HP when necessary. I say all of that to ask this question. How much ISO can I hoard? I would like to champion the rest of my 4 stars before I start pulling tokens. I am tired of covers going to waste. I have searched the forum to see if there is a limit and couldn't find one. Either my search skills stink or there is not a thread dealing with the issue. Thanks for any help with the ISO issue. And yes I know as I place in the t10 of pve events and make progression through PvP events I will accumulate 4 star covers, but I hope to champ any of those along the way, if I can, if they are ones I don't already have championed. So again thanks for any help on this and sincerely thanks for all the help this forum has given me from the countless questions I have found answers to without having to post.

Comments

• kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I save up ~350k then open until I get a 14th cover for someone. I'm basically champing based on what RNG gives me. You can minimise wastage to a certain extent but you'll still end up getting a cover you have 5 in already eventually!
  • Dax317
    kennn712 said:
    I save up ~350k then open until I get a 14th cover for someone. I'm basically champing based on what RNG gives me. You can minimise wastage to a certain extent but you'll still end up getting a cover you have 5 in already eventually!
    That has been my similar approach. I just championed IF4 a couple days ago and am wanting to try a different strategy. Many minds can show me things I may not have thought of. My thinking was since I am do a massive hoard anyway why not ISO. I just want to make sure there is not some sort of limit. Thank you for the input. All knowledge is valuable!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to recall some people getting sandboxed for having a huge ISO hoard because it sends a flag to the system of just how much you have...but I believe those happened to people hoarding in the millions.

A vet can probably come along and verify or rubbish my post at some point...
  • Dax317
    I seem to recall some people getting sandboxed for having a huge ISO hoard because it sends a flag to the system of just how much you have...but I believe those happened to people hoarding in the millions.

A vet can probably come along and verify or rubbish my post at some point...
    I have seen post with people claiming to have upwards of 2.5 million in ISO. I just didn't want to hit some predetermined cap. I appreciate the information!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no cap on Iso.
    And those sandbox cases happened more than two years ago.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most I've ever hoarded is about 1.3 million ISO. I've been told by forumites that people used to get sandboxed if they had 2 million at one time, however like Bow says that was years ago and I can't imagine it's still that low. 

Just hoard what you need. Even people who got sandboxed for it in the past were able to get it undone talking to CS. I wouldn't worry about it. 
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Currently I'm sitting on 2.7m ISO so don't think there is a limit. I swear I've seen screen-grabs of people sitting on 14m ISO too...
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    I've been over 5mil in ISO - currently have 4.5mil and have had at least 4mil for a few months now.  No issues.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    There is no cap on Iso.
    And those sandbox cases happened more than two years ago.
    Ah, thank you. I had a feeling it wasn't still relevent but I thought it worth bringing up *just in case*.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I was sandboxed about 2 years ago for having over 2.5 million. But as seen in the thread above that must be gone because people have 4+ million. 
  • Dax317
    Thanks everyone for all of your responses and help! I greatly appreciate all of it!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    if I get sandbox for boarding too much iso I would have looked for a way to get some money for my account...