Terror in the Shadows NEEDS AMENDING

Options
Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
edited September 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Simply restrict Kaladesh onwards or change the objectives to suit.

Playing again 3 Angel of Sanctions and watching them embalm....and the objective is to cast Wolf / Werewolves that are under powered now is stupid to say the least. The other obj is to lose 2 or less creatures.

Change this event to ORI, BFZ, OGW, SOI & EMN only !

This event is dumb playing against all the new toys in the system.

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    At least the reward is SOI not EMN
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I stopped playing legacy events altogether.
  • NiftyC
    NiftyC Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I mostly did, but it's hard to do so completely because I (finally!) got a Decimator of the Provinces from one. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was wondering why I was suddenly doing so well in ****. I have never even gotten close to the rare before.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I saw the craziest thing in **** today. There was a guy playing with a werewolf in his deck!
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw the craziest thing in **** today. There was a guy playing with a werewolf in his deck!
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Edit : remembered objectives wrongly.

How is angel of sanctions more unbeatable than obs running 5 removals? 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not just that angel.... I remember that node and being paired off against Liliana and her 5 unique kill a creature spells or Sorin with the same.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I kinda have the feeling OP is referring not to **** but Emrakul's Emergence event (or whatever it's called), seeing that he's ranting about cast 2 creatures or less.

I do agree about his grievance regardless: The best play I can get for that objective requires mythics like either Deploy the Gatewatch or Sandwurm Convergence (to bypass the cast creature objective); without those, getting those secondary objectives is at least a pain in the butt. Hell, only the mythic werewolves look playable (Geier Bandit and Ulrich); the rest of the pups just whimpers unless you get infinite cascade.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    He's definitely talking about terrors.

The werewolf mode requires you to summon 2 werewolves and lose no more than 2 creatures. His post is just confusing lose 2 or less with summon 2 or less because he's convinced they're the same when the opponent has infinite creature removal. 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I'm one of those who actually use wolves/Werewolves :smile:

I don't have any mythic ones but use Silverfur Partisan + random Werewolf with buffing spells, Overcome and some removal in a Kiora deck.
    It works decent, mostly due to Overcome, and I win most matches.

Probably works better since few top players participate and you don't face top decks.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Werewolves are the ONLY creatures that have to summon exactly 2 of their kind. And Arlinn Kord is the only PW that lost 100% of her 2nd and 3rd abilities. No other PW came even close. Why does d3go hate Arlinn Kord?
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Simply restrict Kaladesh onwards or change the objectives to suit.

Playing again 3 Angel of Sanctions and watching them embalm....and the objective is to cast Wolf / Werewolves that are under powered now is stupid to say the least. The other obj is to lose 2 or less creatures.

Change this event to ORI, BFZ, OGW, SOI & EMN only !

This event is dumb playing against all the new toys in the system.
    Kiora , dynavolt, fevered visions, mana ramp, removals
    when you run out fo warewolves just finish him off with supports 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    You should always have a secondary win condition anyway. Never paint yourself into a corner. 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For terror it's pretty easy to use standard cycle deck including 1 werewolf (any). Then either kill with drakes or (if against removal heavy pw) supports.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use arlinn with a werewolf and tokens creatures.
    turn against + uncaged fury works well too.

HH
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's one of the the easiest events around. It's short. Shorter brackets . And SOI block is more powerful than what we have now. I think you'd be as much annoyed if the opponent played 3 emrakuls and decimaters instead.