nerf kaecilus

nyjoker
nyjoker Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
really this is insane. i have played him about 7 times now and he completely destroys all of my characters. last time they had strange sights he was tought but beatable. this time around i cant even get him to half his live and im using 5 star characters that are lv 330 and 4 and 3 level high characters in high 200 and still he just destroys me. i feel like im not playing a fun game but dark souls and makes me want to throw my phone against the wall. 

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have an alliance member in the same boat, failed 6 times straight.  There is a complete thread in the bug/glitches section but the devs are saying this is how they meant him to be....take that for what it is worth.
  • nyjoker
    nyjoker Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    well that sucks big hairy ones. i bet if we all complain about it they will probably fix it 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    I have an alliance member in the same boat, failed 6 times straight.  There is a complete thread in the bug/glitches section but the devs are saying this is how they meant him to be....take that for what it is worth.
    That sounds an awful lot like winning is not the desired gamestate they're developing towards.

*wiggles eyebrows
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's fine, challenging and ok not in a interesting way but I used a 3 star team and ripped him a new one. I lost a lot on the first day with a 4 star team as I didn't read the changes but QS and hulk got the job done easily enough.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    After reading some of the comments here I tried a Loki-Coulson-Patch team and it worked OK.  

I used Loki's Trickery ability to snag a few strike tiles and turn them into protect tiles, and of course for Mischief to try to keep Black AP away from him.  I used Coulson for tile swapping (and I used his yellow to help generate a little AP), and Patch created some enemy strike tiles.

I beat him, but it wasn't pretty.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ is hard.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    K doesn't need to be nerfed, but the damage that matching strike tiles hits him for needs an increase.

17 matches is just plain too many when he can easily start hitting you for several thousand of your HP within a few moves.

Make it 12 moves to beat him and it's still a challenging but doable fight.

And if he does stay this tough, the reward for beating him needs to have a serious increase. 10,000 iso or a LT type reward.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    1st try - Patch - Kamala - Medusa (remember to put MEdusa yellow at 5 if you don't set it that way t usually , there is a whole thread of advise
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know who you're using, but you can't brute force your way through this fight. A high level character might be helpful for the health pool, but this fight demands using characters with some degree of board control or shake.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    K doesn't need to be nerfed, but the damage that matching strike tiles hits him for needs an increase.

17 matches is just plain too many when he can easily start hitting you for several thousand of you HP within a moves.

Make it 12 moves to beat him and it's still a challenging but doable fight.

And if he does stay this tough, the reward for beating him needs to have a serious increase. 10,000 iso or a LT type reward.
    I can't say it any better than this.  The number of strike tilesyou need to match compared to the damage he can do to him is way off.  In the original run it took about 8 strike tile matches to beat him.  17 makes brutal fights
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    What you've just described is a nerf.  Both in the sense that it effectively reduces his health, and that it reduces the chance of him using his black.

[I'm not arguing that it isn't necessary: this version of Kaecilius is horrible]
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    I don't know who you're using, but you can't brute force your way through this fight. A high level character might be helpful for the health pool, but this fight demands using characters with some degree of board control or shake.
    I've beaten him twice, first attempt both times, with Phoenix, Hobo, and Bl4de. The only board shake they have is Phoenix purple and that's not always a given. If there is little red on the board adding 7 won't do much. I've found the fights difficult, but not impossible. I like it!! Too much is guaranteed in this game by just mindless grinding.....
  • Jedam
    Jedam Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    fight based on pure luck only, nothing else
    you get the good match and he places the tiles at the good places, you win. or else you die, whatever your comp, your heroes, you level
    stupid, pathetic job
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jedam said:
    fight based on pure luck only, nothing else
    you get the good match and he places the tiles at the good places, you win. or else you die, whatever your comp, your heroes, you level
    stupid, pathetic job
    That's why you use tile swappers like Mr F, Coulson, QuickSilver..
    This is one of the rare fights where PUZZLEquest actually has a bit of a puzzle.
  • Bunny
    Bunny Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Mr.F+Agent Coulson+QS make Kaecilus almost trivial
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Elektra+ patch/bullseye+ IM40  makes very short work of guyliner
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Mr F./Medusa/Miss Marvel

If you don't have the right characters I can see how it could be frustrating, but I had fun. I think it's appropriately challenging. Using other teams I lost twice, but I was able to get him within one match of death each time.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    I'm using Medusa/Elektra/Patch:

3/5/5 Elektra tanks with Shadow Step and gives Kaecilius purple strike tiles.
    5/3/5 Patch makes even more purple tiles. 
    5/5/3 Medusa generates tons of green/purple and heals your team.

Unless you get very unlucky this team has great sustain and consistent damage. Remember to focus on matching away your special tiles for healing.

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    fight is hard but not impossible - for a single match like this no need to nerf imo .

It's not like they made the whole thing impossible and it would take hours to clear or anything. Try something else, face a little challenge, have fun