Kaecilius tips!

Farmerbink
Farmerbink Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
Hey folks!

So I had a bear of a time with the new boss nodes- just didn't have the staying power to keep anyone alive- usually, I was losing champs before he even built up his 15 black to blow up the world.

Until! Someone on another thread (discussing potential bugs) mentioned that 3* patch strike tiles counted as his weakness.  On the one hand, that's already cool.  On the other hand, that's a lot of incoming damage, if you don't get to match them all, so I starting thinking of other ways to give him strike tiles, preferably weak ones.

Remember that new 3* Elektra?  Those strike tiles are super weak, and if you time the ability right, you can even reduce the incoming damage significantly by snagging a few of his tiles that are hard to reach!  I paired her with Scarlet Witch for purple tile/AP production and Luke Cage3 to keep them alive.  I figure other thirds are likely to be better than LC.  Even so, it was a tough fight, but I got him!

Hope someone finds this useful!

-Bink

Comments

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Few people have Elektra champed. Also, both her and Patch also place friendly strike tiles, which are dangerous if Kaecilious activates his power. I went with Widow 3*, Hulk 3*, Colossus - last one was useless. I will try Magneto 2* for his purple next or Kamala. Or maybe Scarlet Witch to give Widow enough purple.
  • X_T
    X_T Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Mr. Fantastic, Medusa, Patch wolvie takes care of him easily. 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    patch+loki+KK
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Few people have Elektra champed. Also, both her and Patch also place friendly strike tiles, which are dangerous if Kaecilious activates his power. I went with Widow 3*, Hulk 3*, Colossus - last one was useless. I will try Magneto 2* for his purple next or Kamala. Or maybe Scarlet Witch to give Widow enough purple.

I understand few people have her champed, but she's still pretty great. Kind of his kryptonite. the tiles she gives him are easily matched, and don't add to his crazy match damage. She tanks hits with her black, and steals black from him with her red. (on 4 star) she's just a solid person for beating him. Especially in the 4 star tier. 

But QS is also a little gem against him, or any of the tile swappers, They're pretty helpful when it comes to getting bad matches. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,717 Chairperson of the Boards
    Late to the party, but ill throw down my party here.  
    I always have used 4* Elektra, Patch, and SW against him.  Make purples, make purple strikes for him with either or both characters.  Eventually, SW's passive will create purples and match them away for you.  Just dont get overzealous...  Only use it when you know you can match one or more away now or soon.