Wave enemies render before cascades finish

bones
bones Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
 In continuous wave nodes, enemies later in the queue seem to skip intermediate ones and render immediately if cascades will kill those other mobs. This is similar to that old bug where the XP banner would show immediately before cascades had actually killed the last enemy visually. 

For example, in today's enchilada, after I made a match to kill one of the initial wave, captain America rendered immediately even though he was third in line. Cascades continued and I saw defeat banners for the initial mob, Fury, and another superhero, before finally stopping for AI Captain's turn. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been happening for several months now, at least.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been more than months. This happens basically whenever my last move takes out both remaining enemies in a wave; the second enemy moves up, but uses the portrait of the first enemy of the next wave. The strangest case of this was when I set a Magnetic Flux and matched down the second to last enemy of the wave. Captain America moved up, except it was the portrait of the first minion of the second wave. So I had a "minion" making a match (and maybe using a Captain America ability) during the first wave's finial turn. Then Magnetic Flux went off, killing "minion" Cap and bringing in the correct second wave.
    It makes it obvious that the system does quite a lot of pre-calculations. By the time I made my match and killed off an enemy, the system knew everything that was going to happen up to my next move. It knew 1) Cap wasn't going to match out the Countdown 2) Magneto was going to be active 3) Cap would die to the power and 4) who was going to replace him when he fell, so it jumped the gun and put in the art.
    The far more frustrating graphical error during waves (and it's been a while since I've seen it, so it may have been fixed) is when a new enemy comes in, but doesn't display as the front enemy. You'll notice that the one displaying in front is showing the art used when in spot 2 or 3, the "waiting" portrait instead of the "ready" portrait. Then you make a match or use an ability, and the second enemy takes the damage instead of the first. You need to tap a couple times to get the enemies to change places and get the correct enemy to display.
    But of course, none of those are as bad as an enemy reacting to something they weren't there for, i.e. the "I nuked down Hulk, then Captain Marvel came in and got Energy Absorption despite taking no damage" or "I AOEd the wave, then Storm came in and hit me with Raging Tempest 3 times (or 6 if you used Whiteout)".
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    More than several I'd say.  I think this goes back to around the time DDQ changed which is like February?  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    February 2016, even.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    More than several I'd say.  I think this goes back to around the time DDQ changed which is like February?  
    That's about when I started. I just wasn't confident in my memory, or when I might have actually noticed it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this behavior has actually existed since wave nodes were first introduced.