4* DDQ: Mr Fantastic vs Dr Doom

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Easy peasy for lv274 5/3/5 Reed, who did it without boosts first time. Had a slow opening board, but once I got both 7 Blue and 7 Black it was a case of stunlocking Doom and using Flexibility to either get more Blue AP or setting up yellow, green, and red match-4s and match-5s. Doom never got a single move off

Getting 7 Blue is your absolute priority imo, although keep an eye out for Black and Purple, because Summon Demons will sting, and Diabolical Plot will likely one-shot underlevelled Reeds. Use Flexibility according to your needs, whether that is getting more Blue AP to keep Doom stunlocked, or setting up red, green and yellow matches to take advantage of Imaginaut (if you have the countdown out)

LT got me Hulkbuster Blue for lv277

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him first go with my 3/3/5 Level 229 Mr. F, no boosts. Finished with about 8600 health left. 

I think Doom did Technopathic Strike and Summon Demons two times each, but I fired Flexibility at least twice and Imaginaut at least three times, so overall not too bad. Token to the hoard. 

I believe Nova is next, and I'm hoping my 2/5/2 is enough to win. Then I think it's Ant-Man after that. I'm not feeling too confident that my 2/1/3 will win that one. Will probably be my first incomplete since Kate Bishop. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Failed miserably first try with 4/4/3 L70.  Things were going well with building protect tiles and self healing, but I forgot about Dooms purple.  

It's a really bad time for this to come up cause I've got to many immediate ISO needs to waste even 1 ISO on leveling Mr F.  I'll keep trying to see if I can get it with an L70, but more likely this will be my first CotT miss in quite some time.
  • Bunny
    Bunny Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    (Firstly, sorry for my poor english.)

It's pretty hard for my 3/3/2 lvl160 Mr.F. Got him first time with boosts blue/purple damage and +2 blue/purple AP. I fire Mr.F Blue as fast as posible to minimal Doom's match damage. Select purple tiles to change to Protect tiles preventing Doom from placing his traps. Once you have some of purple protect tiles then Doom's Black and Purple aren't big problem (Doom fire his Purple once but for only about 500 damage because all purple tiles was occupied with my Protect tiles and his Attack tiles took me only 1 damage). After that, collect and fire Mr.F Black then use Blue to setup some big cascade. Repeating this until I win with about 2000 health remaining.

LT got me Mockingbird' purple to 1/1/3

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/5, level 194, first try, but just barely. I got my black early and the board had lots of R/G/Y on it, so I was able to whittle him down quite a bit; then he cascaded into purple, hit me for 5K+ on Diabolical Plot, and then a turn after that hit Technopathic Strike, which gave him Summon Demons.

Luckily three of the attack tiles were lined up, so I matched them right away on the next turn. If not for that, he'd have bled me out; but as it was I downed him with about 500 HP left.

The token goes to my hoard, since I've a Mordo dying on the vine and I want to see if a HfH offer pops up before I start drawing anything.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I´ve finally made and beat this crash, which was the only one I couldn´t win yet.

Since I championed my Mr. F (lvl 275, 5/3/5) two month ago, it was a rather easy ride for me. I concentrated on matching blue & black, stunned him and let Imaginaut do the rest. Even though Doom was able to summon his demons once, my victory wasn´t jeopardized at any time.

LT is number 226 of my hoard.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hoooly cow, I actually did it on first try with my 147 level 4/4/5 Mr. Fantastic while using power boosts All/BluPnk/BlkGrn at max.  I just focused on getting blue and blacks foremost and pink last.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy enough with a 272 5/3/5.

Collect blue and black. Don't worry about purple. Stun, place black math r/y/g. While collecting more blue. Rinse and repeat.

champ level c&d from lt.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not having any luck so far with my 1/2/4 level 152 Mr. F. I keep having bad luck with Dr. Doom's demons (He's managed to summon them twice in all of my attempts so far), even though I am chasing black. I have been able to keep him away from purple. Has anyone managed the fightwas a similarly under-covered Mr. F?
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lv 147 4/0/3 Mr. Fantastic. Used +2 b/p and b/g, then went after imaginaut and flexibility. After placing imaginaut, went after r/g/y and survived with 1200 health. 

LT gave champ C4rol
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually managed to beat Doom with my 0/0/5 level 147 Mr. F. 
    Sank all my +all boosts and +all damage boosts into trying to win and ran out of them before I did. 
    In the end I managed to beat him after a lucky black 5match, followed by denying mostly purple, and black and blue to a lesser extent.
    Any time I didn't have to deny I'd go for double matches (red/Green/Yellow) for extra Imaginaut damage.
    Took me 11 tries (all health packs gone) but I did it!
    LT to the hoard. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/1/5 lvl 172. Tried no boosts once and got decimated quickly as he ran into black and purple cascades and had no chance. Second try boosted APs to get the Imaginaut out faster, had similarly bad luck with the opposing cascades, but was able to get some shields out early, eat a minimal plot and match away attacks reasonably quickly. Won with 74 health left the turn before attack tiles would have downed me. Still not an easy go of things.

Green Carnage to 1/2/3. At least it wasn't another Thing Yellow.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Decided since I probably wan't gonna be able to save my vine covers without a large ISO boost I opened 188 taco tokens and got roughly 200k more ISO and another Mr. F.  Beat him on 3rd try with 4/5/3 L130.  Used variation combining several strategies above, but the focus blue to stun lock was the biggest key to victory (and not getting tiny kitty boards with < 3 r/bl and > 10 purple.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty easy for my 278 5/3/5 Mr F. Chased blue and black, Doom did hit Diabolical Plot once, and Summon Demons once. But still finished with more than 50% health left.

To the hoard!!!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 lv 272 no boosts.

First time I remember not winning first try with a champed character, but this took me 3 tries.

The first 2 tries I had him at 5/5/3 and did ok, but lost both. Before the 3rd try I changed to 5/3/5 and was able to slug out the win.

Since Reed has no big offensive ability this is mainly control fight to contain Doom until you can finish him off.

Token to the hoard.
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/4/3 lvl 170 stockpile black.

Pulled Doc Ock, now 1/1/1.