PVP seed team question

abominatrix
abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it.

We all know that if you start a PVP in the opening moments that you get some number of seed teams (7-8 in Lightning rounds, maybe the same number for regular events). We also all know that if you start an event later than that that usually you'll just get opponents that were in the event before you, but sometimes you get 3 seed teams, which gives you a 100 point head start in the event, and increases the overall pool of points available.

Does anybody know under what conditions you get the 3 seed teams? In the last couple of hours I got the three seed teams in both a Lightning Round that I started an hour late, and in Lethal Intent where I joined a slice that had been ongoing for several hours. 

It doesn't matter much, but it would be nice to know if this can be predicted.

Thanks!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    For events like Lethal Intent it depends on how many players have joined your bracket (not when the slice started) and how many points have been gathered since that bracket formed. What the exact numbers are that dictate if you get seed teams? I have no idea.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Thanks.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking about a bracket flip unless there's something there I'm missing (I know when a bracket flips that it's treated like a new event for the lucky ones that join at the right moment). In Lethal Intent, I was something like #150 in my bracket (Slice 3 this time). 

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    its not so much about the bracket flip as it is how many have started across all cl's.  It does help to start as soon the event starts to get seeds, but it's not a given.  I've joined brackets as the 400th plus person and received seed teams and I've joined brackets that were fresh and had regular opponents. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    One time I joined three minutes after a lightning round had started and didn't get any seed teams. I think that everyone should get at least three guaranteed seed teams no matter if you start when it begins or if there's only a minute or two left in the event.