More chances for 3*s for advanced players

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Like many advanced players, I am really focused on hoarding to get enough cp and lt to do a massive pull and try to get a fully-championed 5*. I would love for ways to get more 3*s regularly though, because they are very helpful for my 3* farm, which offers good cp and LTs when they get near being max-champed.

Right now, the only guaranteed 3*s we get are once per day in ddq and some as progression and placement for events. I don't ask for the same amount of 3*s as 2*s handed out each day, but just even a couple more 3*s per day would be very helpful for advanced players (all players, really) and shouldn't break the game too much.

Maybe for high SCLs, you get more Elite tokens and less Standard tokens when clearing nodes? Or even just a few more during progression? Or some more from placement? Such as top 100 in pvp should provide a 3* instead of 2*s? There must be ways. Thanks.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think there should be some kind of token that's mostly 3* with the occasional 4*. Basically a 3*-4* version of the Elite tokens. It's the only tier below 5* that there isn't a reliable way to get from tokens, and yeah, it gets frustrating sometimes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    You get 5 x 3 covers from PVP per week, plus 7 from DDQ, plus 7 from a 3 day PVE, so about 14 per week.
    That's at least 35+ 3* covers per week.

3* cover flow is fine as is.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's the great thing about SCLs, if you want more 3* characters drop down to lower SCLs.  As someone in a similar boat (hoarding and building a 3* farm) I don't want more 3*, the rate feels pretty good.  If they were to do anything replace all 1*s with 2/3*s but i don't see that happening.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I think it's fine as it is. I get dozens per week - any faster and I'd be running out of HP for dupe slots.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I actually really like the idea of replacing node standard tokens with elites in high SCL PvE. Either that or the ability to upgrade 3-4 standards into an elite.

The big issue is that standard tokens stop mattering really fast.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    When they first introduced Elite tokens, the announcement's wording strongly suggested - I think it may have flat-out said it - that they would be replacing Standard tokens in all events at high SCL ranks (maybe starting at 6?). That would've been awesome, but they clearly got cold feet and backtracked.