Phoenix/Banner synergy

Milk Jugz
Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I have a question to any that has these 2 champed. Do their power sets play well together? 

I just recently champed Phoenix, and I have Banner covered 5/4/4. They look like they could complement each other, but I'm not sure about what having 2 champ 5s will do to me in pvp. Especially these 2.....

I'd want to champ if I leveled him up because I'm thinking a 4/5/4 set might be optimal. 

Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I will have 38 champ 4s when I might do this

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    So I'm guessing by the 70+ views and not a single comment, I should just hold off..... Sometimes no advice is good advice.....
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Suddenly having two champed 5-stars is going to affect your PvP MMR greatly. Basically you're going to start seeing players with champed 5-stars as opponents and I'm not sure Banner is the guy you want to go to war with given he's one of the worst 5-stars. As for how well he works with Phoenix - I have no idea.

My advice to you is to stay in 4-star land where everything is duckies and bunnies and hold off on your transition until you have 2 or 3 top-tier 5-stars that you can champ all at once.
  • Milk Jugz
    Yeah, I've heard many bad things about Hulk. But, like I said, their power sets look good next to each other. I'm gonna hold off. Chase Spidey, DD, and whoever is next (Thor, I hope). I'll champ Hulk as my 5th. Thanks for your input!!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a championed banner and use him a lot in PVE.  When he transforms he can really help with the health packs.  Now in PVP when you face off against panther Thanos teams you are going to struggle.  Now in theory the team can work since Phoenix throws out strike tiles and banner will do an extra match as Hulk and has an ok AOE, but the problem is when you face Thanos if Hulk dies and becomes banner it triggers Thanos court death.  If you mainly play PVE go for it you will enjoy both.  If you want to do better in PVP you can try but be prepared to face many 5* teams 
  • Milk Jugz
    wymtime said:
    I have a championed banner and use him a lot in PVE.  When he transforms he can really help with the health packs.  Now in PVP when you face off against panther Thanos teams you are going to struggle.  Now in theory the team can work since Phoenix throws out strike tiles and banner will do an extra match as Hulk and has an ok AOE, but the problem is when you face Thanos if Hulk dies and becomes banner it triggers Thanos court death.  If you mainly play PVE go for it you will enjoy both.  If you want to do better in PVP you can try but be prepared to face many 5* teams 
    I appreciate the input from someone who actually has him champed. You guys seem far and few between!! However, it's a moot point now. I have a champed Thanos, Parker, and Ock. Currently building the iso to champ Daredevil. Banner is still sitting there at 330 covered, I'll eventually get to him. I like your idea for Story, especially since my DrS isn't covered yet.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    wymtime said:
    I appreciate the input from someone who actually has him champed. You guys seem far and few between!! However, it's a moot point now. I have a champed Thanos, Parker, and Ock. Currently building the iso to champ Daredevil. Banner is still sitting there at 330 covered, I'll eventually get to him. I like your idea for Story, especially since my DrS isn't covered yet.
    To give you an idea in CL8 his green will come close to killing he harder nodes with AOE around 8500 damage.  Not court death but not bad either.  In CL9 it is good damage but the match damage and skipping health packs is worth it.  Hulk will also tank green for Thanos so if you use Thanos banner in PVP just transform before killing someone and court death will not kill your full team.  He is fun not great.  He was a personal choice to champ as he is one of my favorite marvel characters.